Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    I've used Motorola phones for years, cheap dependable and they make phone calls. No way I'm dropping a thousand for a Apple or Samsung.
    I'm still using a 2015 Moto X Pure, replaced the battery with an OEM replacement last fall, phone is like new again. Hardware and software has been excellent for 4 years.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tommoorehouse View Post
    $199 bucks. Great phone:
    https://store.umidigi.com/h5/#/product?id=178

Pair it with mint mobile $300 bucks for an entire year.
    https://www.mintmobile.com
    Man I wouldnt mind giving that mint mobile a shot but seems there is an area I would travel through to the lake with no service. Also not sure how much data I would use. I guess most times im on wifi but if I travel to the lake ill sometimes stream music / video.

iPhone guy here, mainly because of functionality. I use Siri constantly and I use Apple Car Play anytime I'm traveling, and I just prefer the way the device works. I switched back and forth from Android to iOS for several years before picking iOS as my long term option. When I had Samsung devices, I started by carrying 2 extra batteries because it was easy to just switch to a fresh battery, then I switched HTC and started keeping a power cord in the truck, another at my desk, another by my chair in the livingroom, and yet another by my nightstand. Later, I switched to a charging Mophie case and this did make things a little better but I would still use two full charges per day. With my iPhone SX max, I charge on a wireless pad at night while I sleep, and never have a need to charge throughout the day, I usually have around 50-60% battery remaining when I go to bed and I am a very heavy user during the day.

Regarding storage; My last Android had the card reader slot and I had a 32 gb card to keep all of my pictures and music. I decided to make a change when I lost several years worth of phone pics and movies because the micro SD card went bad. I found Google Photos and now anytime I make a movie or take a pic, it uploads automatically that night when I connect to WiFi. I have now unlimited storage, for free, as well as the ability to search my 30 something thousand photos by just typing a key word. When I upgrade to a new phone, regardless of brand or operating system, I simply download Google Photos app and boom... all of my pics/movies are right there and I can login from any computer, anywhere to view my pics. This is by far the best option out there as far as I am concerned. If you use Gmail, and enter your contacts into Gmail, you will never have to worry about transferring them to a new phone when you upgrade or replace your phone because they are kept in the Gmail app, not on the phone. Again, you'll have access to that information from any computer as well.

If I was looking for a new handset today, I think I would begin with Facebook Marketplace, then check Craigslist, and regardless of who I purchase it from I would have them meet at Sprint or Verizon store to make the purchase so the phone can be checked and verifies before money changes hands. Buy whatever brand you like but consider getting last years model because the price will be greatly reduced compared to a new one. The other option is to buy/lease new from the carrier if it's within your budget.

5. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I think a newish phones are pretty reliable and basically the same for personal use. I just buy phones from friends(who need the next newish one > every year) for about 50% new. I still hae s6 but I loe the $45/month and no contract. Just buy phones from friends who don't use their phones every 5 minutes.

6. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Double babble.
    Last edited by Basscaster; 04-26-2019 at 05:36 PM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Man I wouldnt mind giving that mint mobile a shot but seems there is an area I would travel through to the lake with no service. Also not sure how much data I would use. I guess most times im on wifi but if I travel to the lake ill sometimes stream music / video.
    Mint uses T-Mobile. No it is not as good as Verizon. But the price is much much lower. The trade off is worth it for me.

8. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    I like iPhones. Haven’t had any issues except not having enough storage which is my fault.
    agree just bought the iphone max today
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123