St Clair pre spawners

I heard they were chomping. Anyone been out in the last few days? I’m headed up from Indiana Tuesday to fish for a day and a half or so.

They chomp as soon as the ice clears.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    We are up here now and 2 of us had 61 today with the
    biggest today just shy of 5lbs. Tubes along the Mile Roads.

Bite is good from the Detroit River to metro park. I haven’t been to any of the bays yet so can’t comment on those. Tubes, jerkbaits, Ned rigs all working. Saw some guys today nailing them on cranks in the shallows.

I’ve been out the last two days and have done well both days. Water temps are just touching 50.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

little tough yesterday, but quality seemed good. hard to find a good concentration but the ones that bit were committed.

6. Member
    There aren’t many reports of anybody getting any in the bays on the flats. Some people are postulating with the very high water we have now, much of that traditional shallow spawning areas are too deep at the moment. Or it could just be all that cold river water over there that always makes that area turn on a little later.

Still a bit cold in the moot. They should be staging in the vicinity I’d think. I’m hoping to hit AB this week.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

I'm going up the for the first time the week of May 12th. Can you guys give me some info on what baits I need to get? What type and size tubes, jerk baits? I'd like to be prepared with some different stuff. Any help would be great.

9. Member
    I do well on drop shotting berkley gulp small fry (green pumpkin) Ned rig in (new money and canadian craw).

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman6805 View Post
    I'm going up the for the first time the week of May 12th. Can you guys give me some info on what baits I need to get? What type and size tubes, jerk baits? I'd like to be prepared with some different stuff. Any help would be great.
    3.5 - 4 inch tubes, any color of jerkbait can work....I like silver/black, white, or perch color. Rattle baits, spinnerbaits, and small swimbaits can be awesome too

Thanks for the help.

12. Member
    Just an update for everyone, we went up yesterday, mile roads were blown out, found some cleaner water and caught a few. Not a great day on st Clair but not terrible, caught about 30 fish with three guys and our best 5 was right at 20. Tubes, swimbaits, 3xd were our main producers

Quote Originally Posted by Hosedragger View Post
    Just an update for everyone, we went up yesterday, mile roads were blown out, found some cleaner water and caught a few. Not a great day on st Clair but not terrible, caught about 30 fish with three guys and our best 5 was right at 20. Tubes, swimbaits, 3xd were our main producers
    Thanks! I was just getting ready to post and ask if anyone was catching any. I’m going up in two weeks.
    Allison XB21 2+2 with Mercury 300R