Guntersville Map???

Hey guys, quick question. I am heading to guntersville for the first time tomorrow and just realized my lake maps in my lowrance unit doesn’t cover it. Is there a cheaper option that still provides lake coverage versus buying the entire south region through hot maps? Hate to spend the money for one lake. Also, if my only option is to buy a new chip is there a place near the lake that sells for a good price? I am traveling down from Kentucky
    Last edited by Javelin409t; 04-26-2019 at 05:17 PM.

2. Member
    If you have an HDS unit, the base map covers Gville. It's not HD by any means, but it's good enough to navigate the lake.

3. Member
    Yea it’s a HDS 8. So I should be good without a chip? I’ve heard it’s a dangerous lake to navigate

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin409t View Post
    Yea it’s a HDS 8. So I should be good without a chip? I’ve heard it’s a dangerous lake to navigate
    I have a gen 2 HDS 8 and it gets me around fine, the few times I've gone down there. Just follow the channels, you'll be fine.

5. Member
    If you fish above Waterfront, there are 2 sides of the river, ridge running down the middle that right now you would not know about, till the grass grows. So you have to be one side or the other, everything down from waterfront is no issue.

2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

6. Member
    I appreciate the advice. I’m up at mud creek right now and my base map is showing me the 5 and 10ft depths but the channel markers don’t match up with what’s floating. Do you guys just run between the red and green ones or follow your 5-10ft range?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin409t View Post
    I appreciate the advice. I’m up at mud creek right now and my base map is showing me the 5 and 10ft depths but the channel markers don’t match up with what’s floating. Do you guys just run between the red and green ones or follow your 5-10ft range?
    That far down the lake you stay between the markers.

8. Member
    You can download a Cmap Social map for free.
    2012 Stratos 189 VLo Yamaha 150 Four Stroke

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/bzwildman81/