Crappie,, where would you try

Going to take my boy crappie fishing Saturday and may try a new spot. Monroe is our go to but i am affraid the high water may have them spread out more. Any tips on where a guy could catch some for the frying pan?

2. Banned
    Following as well. I have a tournament free weekend next week and wouldn’t mind just doing it for a change of pace. Patoka is awful for them....

3. Member
    Not sure about Indy but I was out the other day here in Cincy fishing the banks and only caught one crappie and a bunch of white bass. The people that were catching the most crappie were trolling about 20-30 feet from the bank.

4. Member
    Try Lake Lemon, I have been catching them in 8-12’ of water long lining jigs or crankbaits. Best spot was down the bank from Riddle Point running south to IU rowing building as I found them scattered there in 60 degree water. Kept 18 10” to 13” using crankbaits a couple feet off bottom running 1.4 to 1.6 mph. Caught over 60. Lake is kinda fickle as every time they start up, cold weather puts them back down again. They charge to launch. All caught in Bandits and Arkies but jigs work also. Just go slower. If you fish the banks, you will find smaller fish and maybe snag a few larger. Also found 64 degree water down by dam and caught some there. Main lake was 57.
    Last edited by cevans; 04-25-2019 at 08:57 AM.

5. Member
    I was at Monroe Wednesday and watched 2 separate boats catching crappie as fast as they could get their lines back in......both boats in the back of creeks in the woods
    2002 518 DVX

Ended up going to Taylorsville Lake KY. Half the drive and the bait shop guy said he can't get minnows to the fast enough. Took the bait shop guys advice. Me and my son had 25 over 10" in just a few hours. Lake was very busy but we found a spot about as big as a barrel that was full of nice crappie. About 2 foot from the bank and i could almost see the minnow i was so shallow. Fun times and a few bags of filets!