Thread: Need a mechanic

Need a mechanic

Hello I'm looking for a good mechanic in South Carolina. Having ignition issues with my Evinrude 150xp. I live in Greenville but I'm wiling to go within 100 miles.
    I'll check back here or you can shoot me a text at 864-423-5465 if you know someone who could help me.

Thanks!

2. Banned
    You have European Marine in Greenville. He's predominantly a Mercury dealer, but a great one. Surely he can also work on some Evinrudes.

3. Member
    No I’ve already talked to him but thanks.

4. Member
    Lee's Marine in Anderson S.C. and 72 Marine in Elberton Ga. are probably the nearest Evinrude dealers

5. Member
    Call Perry at Perry's Marine Service in Simpsonville.

^^^^^ Perry is the man that's who does all my work you will not find a cleaner shop than perry"s

7. Member
    I've been to Perry. No doubt he's good but seems more interested in selling me a motor than fixing mine. I really just need for someone to diagnose my ignition problem. I can do the work myself. I just don't have the test equipment or the know how to find what's causing my problem and I don't want to keep throwing parts at it.

Thanks

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    You can also try Holdens in Spartanburg, they are on highway 9 just behind Milliken

I see you're from Easley have you tried Matthew's marine on hwy 153 just over I-85 bridge on the right going toward the toll road. Kevin the owner seems to be good what I've heard.

10. Member
    Hiers outboard in Aiken is good and cheap. I had ignition problems with a 150xp. They found a new coil pack for me in a bone yard to save money.
    Art Carney - Licking the mops at Porcini's since 2009.