Hydrowave H2 Not Working

Hey guys—I bought a Hydrowave H2 here or on Ebay back in November...can’t remember which. Just got around to installing it today and I have a problem. The display will come on but when I try to play it only a very muted static sound comes out of the speaker. I took the speaker apart and everything looks okay. Any ideas?

Make sure the speaker plate is glued firmly in. Are you pressing play/start after you choose which sound you want ?
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Member
    Bought a new hydrowave today. Since I still had the speaker and power wired from the old unit I plugged the control head in and it worked. So it’s the controller itself that doesn’t work which is weird because the LCD displays and functions properly—just isn’t transmitting any sound to the speaker.

I have a H2 also.. im not impressed. I get Moisture under my LCD screen

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

5. Member
    My wife bought me an H2......GAME CHANGER!

Even if you forget to turn it on it still has the same effect so just run it as is so youre not mad about getting ripped off on ebay

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Even if you forget to turn it on it still has the same effect so just run it as is so youre not mad about getting ripped off on ebay

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

8. Member
    Come on now...we all know the more money you spend, the more fish you catch hahaha

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    I honestly can't believe people buy certain items like this. Everyone wants an "edge", and I get that, but these seem like a big gimmick to me.

M

I think they do more harm than good. I will admit it does get bait going... buuuttt it brings in gar like no other

11. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MMyles View Post
    I honestly can't believe people buy certain items like this. Everyone wants an "edge", and I get that, but these seem like a big gimmick to me.

M
    I can say I always felt this way. The past couple times I've been fortunate enough to fish with Wesley Strader he has changed my mind. Watching fish come up from 20' to the hydrowave makes you say Hmmm, why would a fish do that? Basically he says that it makes active fish more active and like scent can mask "negative" tastes it can help mask negative sounds. He said he pays for his and he wouldn't fish without it unless he had to. He talked about it making a neutral "bed fish" flare and get active and catch-able as another benefit. Sitting over a tree full of crappie they sure seem to bite better when it is on. Judge for yourself.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    I can say I always felt this way. The past couple times I've been fortunate enough to fish with Wesley Strader he has changed my mind. Watching fish come up from 20' to the hydrowave makes you say Hmmm, why would a fish do that? Basically he says that it makes active fish more active and like scent can mask "negative" tastes it can help mask negative sounds. He said he pays for his and he wouldn't fish without it unless he had to. He talked about it making a neutral "bed fish" flare and get active and catch-able as another benefit. Sitting over a tree full of crappie they sure seem to bite better when it is on. Judge for yourself.
    First off, I love Wesley Strader. Great fisherman!!! I like everything about him from what I have seen on TV....great man, and great fisherman.... It sounds like to me, that you need to pay more attention to how he fishes in MLF... When you see him flipping, do you honestly believe this contraption turned the fish on to eat..?

Personal experience over 30 years.....I don't buy it. I'm not going to go into all I have done tournament wise without one of these contraptions, but I have done very well.

If you believe in it, then by all means, get one and kick ass!!!! One note...….Professional fishermen are paid to tell you to buy "things" that they sell. I fell for that too back in the late 80's and 90's. Once I started catching fish using technics, all the propaganda they were trying to sell went out the door.

Don't get me wrong, Wes is doing his job..... I really like him and am always wanting him to win, because he is Great!

But I've been in the game long enough, like most on here, to read through the bullshit.

M

13. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I'm fishing with him in the winter and not "flipping frickin bushes". I'll ask again if the contraption does nothing why do fish swim up to your trolling motor from over 20' down? He said he pays for his and isn't sponsored so not sure "what job" he is doing on his cousin. I'm sure you "kick ass" better then most, but maybe, just maybe, even you could be more awesome!! I know, I know hard to imagine!!

I don't own one and said I'd never fall for it. I don't say never anymore.