Vault hub pressure/ leak ??

I have vault hubs on my trailer. Brand new a year ago. One of them the black pressure indicator cap is sunk in and there is a very very small amount of a yellow oil on the very end of the hub . Inner seal isn’t leaking at all. Is this normal or need repaired ?

2. Banned
    What trailer???... I've replaced the inner seal before and Vault grease is black... Dan

3. Member
    Yeah, sounds like you potentially had someone put oil inside your Vaults instead of the Vault grease. Who did the work?

4. Member
    I replaced them a year and a half ago myself with complete new swing arm assembly’s .

5. Member
    What type of trailer? What did you use for grease?

I've heard of Vaults leaking very slowly around the black pressure piece, not sure if they have a built in fault or if they get cracked, mine never had that issue before I switched back to plain old grease. If it were me, I would knock it off of there and replace. Cheap and easy if that's the problem, and since you did them I take it you have access to a Vault supplier.

The cap being sunk in is isn’t a big deal! Not sure what your seeing that is yellow. Maybe oil used during assembly. Vault grease is black and you will know for sure if it’s leaking. If your worried about the grease level in the hub. Use a rubber mallet and work the cap off and check the grease. I am assuming that the swing arm assemblies came with the rotors already on the spindles? I guess it’s possible someone used the wrong grease or oil. In any case it’s an easy thing to check.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

7. Member
    I put a new cap and oring on . Once filled back up it popped out like it should