Thread: Rainy Dayz

Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar

Rainy Dayz

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    2.8" here at the ranch so far.
    Hubbard Creek is also rising and is over pool once again. Most all the lakes around here are showing a rise with Cisco, Brownwood and Coleman showing just under a foot so far. Most were also right a pool, so we're over on them as well. Keep it coming ...

2.4" at my house in south Abilene since about 4PM yesterday. What have you gotten?

2. Banned
    I don’t know how much we had here but every field between the lake and Ballinger is flooded and more coming so hopefully we will get another shot of water for Ivie.

Creeks here on the ranch are running good. 3 gates open at HC.

4. Banned
    Just heard on the radio the Colorado will crest at 20ft tomorrow which is 2ft above flood stage and not come back down till sometime Friday. Looks like the lake will pick up some more water!

Is Oak Creek running over? Ivie will get that runoff also.

6. Banned
    Oak Creek is a foot over full pool and has been running over since October.

3.25 since yesterday NE of Abilene

Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    Rainfall and Runoff update 4/24/19 5 PM:

NWS doppler precipitation estimates show that there was a significant rainfall event over much of Runnels County, southern Taylor County and southern Mitchell County last night and this morning. Some of the river flow stations are starting to show signs of decent rises on the Colorado River at Ballinger and also Elm Creek at Ballinger. Elm Creek at Ballinger has already started its vertical ascent according to the USGS flow station. The Colorado River at Ballinger should start to show a rise in the near future. Oak Creek Reservoir near Blackwell has come up almost one vertical foot and is spilling again. Ballinger Lake and Winters Lake should follow suit. These will show up on the river stations will all add contents to OH Ivie. It is too early to predict the content increase at Ivie but we will update this page in the coming days and provide you with the expected increases.

Doppler estimates also show that there was a big rain in Eastern Upton and Western Reagan county last night. This water will eventually make its way to the Middle Concho and into Twin Buttes Reservoir. This water is much farther away and much more difficult to predict the flow volume. Again, we will update in the coming days reservoir gains as they occur.
    Last edited by WB; 04-24-2019 at 05:57 PM.

10. Banned
    I don’t know why it said spilling again because it never stopped, it had a slow flow over the spillway a few weeks went I went through there, it’s the reason there has been some flow in Ballinger. Needless to say it’s good for the entire area and we should all be very thankful! Thank you Lord

Yes Sir. Hope Ivie gets a additional foot or two.. Chance have you heard anything about the " bloom" being in the Concho?

12. Banned
    Have not heard that, I do know there is a green slime like shit in areas of the lake and that’s from the salt cedars rotting out as they have a green algae slime on them.

Is the Concho on a rise? That will help if it is true.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WB View Post
    Is the Concho on a rise? That will help if it is true.
    No, there has been very little if any movement for months and I don’t believe there I’ll be this time. Just looked at the charts and it virtually nothing in Paint Rock all the way too Angelo. The water at the bridge as far as you can see both sides is clean looking. Areas do have green slime on the surface and people start talking about shit they have no clue about. It’s the junk off the salt cedar is where it’s coming from.

15. Member
    We got over 3" around bronte, I was at oak creek monday and it was still running over a inch or two about 30 ft wide. There was some heavy rain on Spence's watershed also. Those fish have to much room to hide now they really will after this I will never catch a fish again.

I feel yer pain Bill!!!!!