Question on the new Tritons

I sold my 2002 Triton TR20 PDC a couple of years ago a once again I have the itch again to go rip some lip. My old Triton was pretty fast but you really had to learn how to drive the boat through the chine walk. My question is are the new 19 TRX with a 225 or a 20 TRX with a 250 as bad as the older Tritons when it comes to the chine walking? I've looked at alot of different brands and I cant quite come to a conclusion to where best invest my money? Thanks in advance for any info!

2. Member
    The older Tritons (as you had) were Earl boats, were fast and had to be driven. The newer models that you reference are easier to drive, but lack a bit on the top end speed.
    It's hard to beat the value of the 20' Patriot package.

3. Member
    I had a 2004 tr-196 with a 200EFI for 13 years and I had to really drive that boat. Last year I bought a 2018 19trx Patriot with a 225 proxs and I don’t have to drive it. It’s a wider and more stable boat. It also handles the waves much better....very solid. I’ve had it up to 70mph and I still feel like she has a little more in her.

4. Member
    The 19, and 20 Patriot have a little wider pad that makes the boat easier to drive.