Thread: Looking to buy

Looking to buy

Hey all,

I have been looking into purchasing a new Caracal. Ive spoken with a BBC dealer and he priced me at $68,000. This does not include power poles, cover, or any fancy upgrades. Only upgrades were Fortrex to Ultrex and size of graphs. Does this seem a little high for a 19' footer with a 225HP? Looking for some advice.

Thanks

2. Member
    Not for a Cat. I think that is reasonable.

3. Member
    When I was first looking at Cat I priced them at several dealers around me. They knew I was serious because I was on C&O Marines Fishing Team at the time. They didn't carry that brand. They called they local dealer and let them know that they knew I wanted a Cat and to help me out if they could.

Dealers need to know if you are serious about buying or kicking tires. I tell them which one it is up front.

The savvy dealers will take care of you no matter what. It's not just the initial price. Cat does a great job with their dealers. I bought two of them from Sherm's Marine in IN. I cannot begin to describe to you how great a dealer he is.

I don''t recall there being a huge disparity in pricing between base boats from dealer to dealer. There is pricing incentives on boats depending on when they bought them or if they are paying floor plan. There is not enough room for a dealer to scalp you over another. Once again, I prefer to shop dealer over price as long as the prices are somewhere in the same ballpark.

Look at the BassCat page if you haven't already: https://basscat.com/forum/groups/bas...cats-for-sale/