Thread: Ansin/Garcia ??

Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar

Ansin/Garcia ??

Anyone know anything about this place? Never been.. Water color/clarity/depth/vegetation? Thanks!

Mick,
    Check it out on Google earth, it is close to The Stick Marsh, I think the water there might be running low, but I am not sure. Are ya thinking about going???

Spanky

3. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Yea Im gonna fish it with Toohey on Friday. He has his club classic out there this weekend. I don't think he's ever been there either. I think I've got a (google) path mapped out to get to the actual lake from the ramp!

4. Banned
    Was there last week. Water is low and the vegetation has topped out. I used the canal that runs along SR512 to get to the north end and I was kicking up mud when I made the turn at the north end. Some places have dirty water and some parts have pretty clean water, but getting around can be tough in some areas.
    The canal on the south end going from the ramp can get pretty dicey when the water gets low so be very careful

5. Member
    Do. Or jump any of the “levees” that run north/south and east/west. The water isn’t high enough for that right now. Running between the “levees” is fine and running in the pool area is fine. Follow the canal out to the main lake, once you past the last levee hang a right and go from there. It’s all mush/muck so you should be fine. Speed worm, swim jig, Flippin is what I would do. Find the right clump and your in business. That’s my favorite lake in Florida.

Send me a pm with your number and I have a map I sketched up I can send you on how to run it. Had a couple buddies come down last year when the water was very low and I made the map for them. It could help.

6. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Thanks for the tips! I guess Google maps is an old picture?? (from the image) the canals that run north/south and east/west (from the ramp area) look clogged? I figured we were gonna have to follow the horse track around and hang a left to get into the main body??

PM sent atta!

7. Member
    Nah. Follow the canal out l, swerve right around the point (you’ll see it) then drive towards the open area towards the north west. You’ll be fine. You’ll see the levees. Just don’t jump those

Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    Was there last week. Water is low and the vegetation has topped out. I used the canal that runs along SR512 to get to the north end and I was kicking up mud when I made the turn at the north end. Some places have dirty water and some parts have pretty clean water, but getting around can be tough in some areas.
    The canal on the south end going from the ramp can get pretty dicey when the water gets low so be very careful

Two more ore feet of water would have made that place incredible.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    Two more ore feet of water would have made that place incredible.
    It sure would. I will not be going back until we start getting some decent rain..

10. Member
    I know it’s tougher to deal with but the low water seems to help the fishing out there. People tend to stay away and the bite picks up. Okeechobee has been “off” lately and then they start dropping the water. Now the fish are starting to gather in the “deep” parts of the shallow water and everyone is slaying giants. It’s a little frustrating to fight the grass and yes there is a safety factor there but man the fishing is good when it’s low.

11. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atta View Post
    I know it’s tougher to deal with but the low water seems to help the fishing out there.
    Yea, it was fishing pretty small with most boats congregating around the clear water.. Was a nice change of pace to see all the vegetation! If I had a 5 gallon bucket I'd of brought some back to the SJR.. lol Thanks again for the navigation map!!