Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It is illegal to use a hinged plate here in MI... Because the plate is horizontal at speed and un readable and NON SWINGING! http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(iqa...me=mcl-257-225

So I use a semi truck mud flap cut to size. 1/2 bolted to the trailer and 1/2 to the plate. Allows the plate to move when going in and out of the water, Yet stays rigid during travel.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

2. Member
    I recently just bought one! Pricey, but WORTH IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by rodmoore View Post

I made my holder out of diamond plate aluminum. Used stainless hardware and nylocks. It’s been perfect! In Utah your plate has to visible and lighted at night.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

4. Member
    There are several reasons to lose a plate.
    1. Scumbags: people that steal yours so they don't have to buy one
    2. Mounting: tag mounted too firmly. When you get in and out of the water, the tag can be pushed back and forth by the water and crack it, which causes it to fall off.
    3. Mounting again: Tag held on by flimsy crap which break. Zipties will work, for a while but they deteriorate.
    4. Hardware: tags bolted on with non locking ordinary hardware
    5. Low lifes: Living in Maryland. I moved to Delaware. No more trailer issues BUT always use a lock on your hitch.

I used to live in Maryland too. I had issues losing license plates on my trailer. I had my tag TIG welded into an aluminum frame which I bolted with nylon locking nuts. Thieves don't usually want to fool with locking hardware too much effort.

5. Member
    8 years ago mine got ripped off and I never put it back on. Never been pulled over.
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

I jerry rigged mine with wire at a motel when I saw I only had 1 bolt holding it one day. Been like that for years now.

7. Member
    I had this problem I put a small chain used for hanging light fixtures and bolted it to the plate and the trailer so if the mount did break (and it did) I still had the plate a safety chain for my plate as it were. I live inSouth Texas and they will pull you over for no plate displayed I know from several personal experiences

Zip ties. 3 in each hole. keep them loose and check occasionally.

9. Member
    Fell off once, about 10 years ago.....

Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

10. Member
    I used a truck mudflap also.

Nothing like pride in ownership.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RANGER487 View Post
    I have had mine on my trailer for years and just have it attached with zip ties around the trailer.
    This is the solution that I use as well

13. Member
    zip ties

I have a steep driveway and I kept bending mine breaking it off. I made a mount for it and put it up on the fender of the trailer. I also added an LED tag light. I haven’t had a problem since.

15. Member
    Get on amazon and find a diamond plated bracket. No issues since I got one. Only 12 dollars

16. Member
    If it keeps breaking off from a fixed mount, go with a hinge setup.

I have mine on with Zip ties now.

what I have done on past trailers was to weld a big door hinge to the trailer. then bolted the plate to the other part of the hinge. then the plate dosent get bent up if your in a low spot

18. Member
    Optronics LP15SBP License Plate Bracket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RCUZLQ..._gBg-CbERFD8WT

19. Member
    i have mine right on the frame and i drilled two new holes in the center of the license plate to eliminate the drag going in and out of the water.

20. Member
    If you can get your hands on a piece of conveyor belt, cut it the size of the plate with a couple inches extra at the top. Bolt the plate to it and then bolt the conveyor belt to the trailer. Most secure but still flexible solution I've used. Damn near bullet proof.
    XRS/250 ProXS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast