Ultrex mounting bracket

When deployed, Ultrex trolling motor rubs starboard side of mounting bracket. It’s looks centered until it’s deployed, then it angles to the right. I’ve loosened one side of bracket mounting screws and tightened the other side and vice versa, but it still angles to the right. I’ve also tightened the screws much like you would a tire, still not the answer. Any ideas?

What I would suspect is that the top deck of the boat is not totally flat. this will torque the base of the mount and cause the motor to not be straight. This is fixed by loosening the mounting bolts and shimming the low points so the base will tighten down level.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

3. Member
    Pivot bushings worn out. Raise the motor until it's half deployed and then look on each side at the pivot joints. There are black plastic bushings . See don't one side look different from the other. New bushings center the unit. When one wears, the unit leans toward worn out side. When it gets bad enough you will have trouble with it locking down when deployed.