Thread: Top Cap

Top Cap

Does any one have a picture of a 201D with the Top Cap off. Would like to see what it looks like.

Years and years ago I toured the plant while in the area, I think Backlash or Cleveland took a picture of me looking at a hull without a top cap, but I wouldn't know how to go that far back on this site. Guessing around 04-06?

Trying to figure out what is on the other side of the fiberglass in the battery compartment on the driver side. Gas tank, empty space or ???

The hydraulic steering, motor control, battery cables, etc. are routed through a piece of 3" or 4" diameter pvc pipe that is foamed in under the cap rail on the starboard side. The fuel line, livewell pumps wiring & control cables are routed along the floor. Also, if you have a '00 or newer cobra with the switch panel next to the driver's seat can get a little tight next to it. Other than that, there should be plenty of room to run additional cabling unless someone left a bunch of excess cable in there (i.e. gps, transducer, etc.). The gas tank is located below the seats (width of seats) & in front of the livewell & dry storage.
    TGIFish
    USAF ('79-'00)
    '01 Cobra 201D