Thread: FX21LE

FX21LE

I am sure this has been discussed numerous times. I'm looking to buy a new FX21LE. Is the starting price pretty much their final price at the dealers or will they usually negotiate down some? First time buying a bass boat. Just wanting to have an idea what to expect. Thanks.

Depending on what Promotions Skeeter is offering or just finished offering ( like within a few weeks ), you're probably going to be looking at paying close to $64,500 for a FX20 and $68,500 for a FX21. That's not including Dual Console or Hydro Jackplate. What the dealer might throw in is a tuffskins engine cover, Life jackets, or maybe a highly discounted Boat Cover.

3. Member
    That sounds about right.

4. Member
    Find a demo. Much Better price, very lightly used in MOST cases and will be sold as new with full warranties.

5. Member
    I agree with the slightly used/demo boat. This is what I did last year and got one with 17 hrs. saved 10-12 grand

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cjjm View Post
    I am sure this has been discussed numerous times. I'm looking to buy a new FX21LE. Is the starting price pretty much their final price at the dealers or will they usually negotiate down some? First time buying a bass boat. Just wanting to have an idea what to expect. Thanks.
    I have been lead to believe that a Dealer doesn't have a lot of running room on a LE model from the nationally advertised sales price.

7. Member
    I bought a new FX21LE last year. What I found was interesting. The price for the boat was the same everywhere in Texas. I called around. The fees, however, are very different! I had one dealer charge $2500 in rigging fees or whatever they called it. I literally had different fees for every dealer. I had each one send me a pdf of a complete buyers order. I could see all the fees. I verified no additional fees. I then selected the highest reputation dealer which happened to be near the lowest cost for additional fees.

I’ve had the boat for 1 year now. Had I done it over, I bought the boat near peak market. .i.e (Spring/May). There were no promotions. If you can wait till the winter or late fall, you can get the same boat, same price, but with a Yamaha 5 year warranty thrown in for free. It saves an additional few thousand. I decided to go ahead and buy it without the warranty. Yamaha reliability is why.

Cheers,
    Ed

8. Member
    Thanks for the replies. The dealers I went to came in around what was mentioned earlier. Decided to go for it. Ended up adding livescope. They did throw in a cover. Never owned this type of boat before so lots to learn.

9. Member
    $68,500 foot hill marine FX 21