Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Performer 4 guys

What is the purpose of the bullet cut over the standard P4?

2. Banned
    No idea but I have a BC and it's awesome

3. Member
    They flat out perform better. But this would be a good question for Mark Croxton.

Thanks guys for the responses. 161 views and no replies, I was beginning to wonder if anyone still ran 'em. I sure as hell can't find any of 'em used.

5. Member
    That would definitely be a question for a prop guy to answer probably get the correct answer also.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

6. Member
    call Billy Eves he is a master of the Performer BC, one might even call it the "Billy Cut".

I love em but couldnt tell you why theyre better than a non cut

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

I got a mint original performer 3 bc in 26p if anybody needs it. Billy set it up for my 20 loaded and it was perfect on the first try

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

10. Member
    Its actually called a Back cut, (cutting the back end of the blade) But over time ppl started calling it a bullet cut and kinda just stuck? But its really a back cut.

This is just from my experience over the years with props.

The less blade area the faster it will accelerate, the more blade area better it will carry a load ( but you will loose acceleration)

EXP : 14.5 dia ET cut is my fastest accelerating prop (but suffers the most with a heavy load)
    15 dia ET cut Accelerates a bit slower but carries a load a bit better
    15 dia BC Accelerates slower again, but carries a load like a champ.

Also the type of boat/motor/load you run has a huge affect on what blade cut will work better for you. From my experience a BC cut works better on a 21XD and a ET cut works better on a 20XD.
    Last edited by hyperflow; 04-26-2019 at 08:27 AM.

11. Banned
    Call Billy Eaves and ask him 423-667-2160 he will tell you anything you want to know about a bc cut.

Thanks guys, I have a 26p p4 that I'm gonna run tomorrow. I'm hoping it'll do what I want, which is come out of the hole hard and accelerate hard. I'm sick of having to feather the throttle to get on plane. I have a 1000 lbs hull and a 225 promax, I should be able to come out of the hole without having to feather the throttle.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatshaft Merc View Post
    Thanks guys, I have a 26p p4 that I'm gonna run tomorrow. I'm hoping it'll do what I want, which is come out of the hole hard and accelerate hard. I'm sick of having to feather the throttle to get on plane. I have a 1000 lbs hull and a 225 promax, I should be able to come out of the hole without having to feather the throttle.
    Well how did it do?

It ran real well. The holeshot was the best of any prop I've ran on this boat, still had to feather it a lil' bit but not much. Acceleration was good and it drove beautifully. I didn't get to string it out to see how the top end is cause the wind was terrible, but I did run it up to about 76-77 pulling hard til the crosswind blew the bow 2' to the right and I 'bought soiled myself. A lil' tweaking on the holeshot and it'll be hard to hang with from holeshot to 80.

15. Banned
    Same experience I have here with my 28bc. It's my best fishing prop on my rig.

If you got one of those old flyweight bullets from the 90’s or a comp an allison cut will work well too. I guess If hyperflow calls a bullet cut a back cut you could call an allison cut a front cut

What do you guys think of the Eagle ET? I found one at a pretty good deal and was thinking about trying it.

18. Member
    What do you guys think of the Eagle ET? I found one at a pretty good deal and was thinking about trying it.
    I had terrible luck with them out of the box. All mine needed heavy work to run right on my rig.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    I had terrible luck with them out of the box. All mine needed heavy work to run right on my rig.
    How'd it run after the work? I've never had a prop that ran the way I wanted it to when I got it. Some pretty good, but they've all ended up going to mark. Some didn't even get that chance.

20. Member
    How'd it run after the work? I've never had a prop that ran the way I wanted it to when I got it. Some pretty good, but they've all ended up going to mark. Some didn't even get that chance.
    They ran allright but the Performer's still did everything better on my rig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast