2005 Z20 ultrex big question

I've had my 112 for nearly a year and love it. The holes I drilled to get the pedal to screw into the stock tray are the only issue.

As far as I can tell, my holes have the pedal aligned perfectly straight. I measured many times. Problem is that when screwed in the variable speed knob brushes the side of the tray and kicks me out of spot lock.

I've had the screws in under the tray ever since install. Only issue is that sometimes the pedal will slide forward a bit when I deploy the ultrex. I wanna get the pedal screwed down now. Any ideas on what to do other than drill again?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenRanger364V View Post
    I've had my 112 for nearly a year and love it. The holes I drilled to get the pedal to screw into the stock tray are the only issue.

As far as I can tell, my holes have the pedal aligned perfectly straight. I measured many times. Problem is that when screwed in the variable speed knob brushes the side of the tray and kicks me out of spot lock.

I've had the screws in under the tray ever since install. Only issue is that sometimes the pedal will slide forward a bit when I deploy the ultrex. I wanna get the pedal screwed down now. Any ideas on what to do other than drill again?
    Take a piece of plate aluminum and put bolts in it coming back up, offset however much you need. Then screw it down and bolt the pedal to it.

3. Member
    Remove the metal trim strips on top of the recessed tray for the trolling motor pedal first. Then fasten the Ultrex foot pedal to the boat by drilling new holes, making sure there is enough clearance between the knob and side, including thickness of trim piece. Lastly, put the trim piece back on. I have the same boat as you and it works without issues. Note: if you do not have enough space, cut away a section on the side of the trim piece by the knob. PM me if you have any questions.