Bimini top ? Yes or No ?

Thinking about getting a bimini top for my boat . I know it will be Carver because my dealer handels this brand . I don't know if i ought to are not . I'm getting older and the Mississippi heat is a killer in dead of summer . I 've looked online and they have a sport model that isn't as tall as some of others it's 36 inches high from bracket to top 6 foot long . Next size is 46 inch high and 6 foot long . Anyone with any yeah or nay's or other ideas on size . I want to be able to fish , have some style and be able to get out of sun also . I know top speed is only 35 mph but i'm thinking if your looking at gps ect it would be nice to get out of sun . I really want your opinions . So please respomd pictures would be grat . Boat is a dual console with total front flipping drck Thanks

2. Member
    Missed this topic by a few hours, lots of insight here.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=977555

Yes, yes, yes, get a bimini top!! They’re so nice in the summertime allowing you to take a break from the heat, eat lunch, and allowing you to stay all day on the Lake if you feel like it. It’s also nice when you have a pop up rain shower, just put the top up and you’re good to go while the other guys are racing for cover. Remove two knobs from the bracket and you can take the bimini top off in seconds from the boat! I guarantee whoever has a bimini top on there boat will agree it’s a great thing to have. Then again, this is BBC so I’m sure somebody will say something negative about it lol.

Also, like wMFisher said, check out the other thread.

4. Member
    IP can i ask how tall your top is ? They say you measure from where the bottom of bracket mounts to boat and go upward they start at 36 inches the next size is 46 inches and then taller i was going to mount on the inside of gunall so nothing would be on top of boat or top cap . But still decididing . the realson i ask height is i don't want to look like a parachute on the lake . Thanks

5. Banned
    I ordered one last night 46" height,6' length it will give me around 67" total height.That should work for us.

6. Member
    mmmmmmmmmmm........ Never would I mount one on any bass boat that I own. they look ridiculous, buy a fish and ski if this is an issue.
    Phil 4:19 2018 Nitro Z19, 200Pro Xs, Lowrance, Minnkota

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Teadow1972 View Post
    mmmmmmmmmmm........ Never would I mount one on any bass boat that I own. they look ridiculous, buy a fish and ski if this is an issue.
    Whatever rocks your boat man lol....Looks don't bother me,shade and comfort do....Will be nice to enjoy some shade when we are trolling for stripers,eating lunch,slow cruising and scouting.Oh almost forgot help to stay dry if caught in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by riverc View Post
    Whatever rocks your boat man lol....Looks don't bother me,shade and comfort do....Will be nice to enjoy some shade when we are trolling for stripers,eating lunch,slow cruising and scouting.
    You just don’t get it! Your Bass Boat is all about looks who cares if you’re sweating your Azz off and leave the lake early because it’s 90+ degrees out!! So remember, your boat has to look great to impress your guy friends while you’re fishing and wearing your Banana Hammock to stay cool from the heat!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teadow1972 View Post
    Lemme guess, affliction shirt and bedazzled jeans, amirite!
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

10. Member
    Three questions for neah sayer to ponder ! How old are you ? You ever fish in 97 degrees no breeze ? Humidity over 90 percent with the high temps in Mississipi from middle of July to mid Semptember ? When i was younger i would fish all day in theses condidtions . Now that i'm over 70 it's not the same and has a effect on you .

I ordered this one when I bought my boat new in 94’. You can see that I don’t use it much... it’s still looks new. But, my wife won’t go without it pretty much any time of the year... hot or cold she wants the sun protection. And if one of the grandkids goes, I’ll put it on.

When the heat isn’t crazy, it can feel good under the shade but when it creeps up over 100 or so, it still provides shade of course but it just traps the heat under it. I think. My wife would disagree.

All that said, what can you lose by getting one and trying it. I see a lot of bassboats out here with theirs up. So somebody likes them.

Oh, I can go a lot faster than 35 with mine.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

How about taking it one step further and adding some misters on the Bimini top?
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

13. Member
    Dang, I thought you were asking "Bikini top, yes or no?" Had my answer all ready!

Quote Originally Posted by granite View Post
    Dang, I thought you were asking "Bikini top, yes or no?" Had my answer all ready!
    Naturally the answer is no, because we all like em topless :)
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Bass Fool View Post
    Naturally the answer is no, because we all like em topless :)
    Ummm, depending on the age not all topless.....