Why no evinrudes at dealerships

Hello folks nice to meet y'all. I'm new to this forum and in the market for a new boat and have a question.

Why does it seem that no dealerships put evinrude outboards on the boats they sell? At least
    that's the way it is where I live in east texas. There are several dealerships around from smaller ones to bass pro shops
    and everywhere I look it's all mercury mercury mercury... with a small amount of yamahas here and there.

What do all the dealers have against evinrude?

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    You'll be hard pressed to find an Evinrude at Bass Pro, they are aligned with Mercury for their Boat line. Johnny gets a great deal from them. East Texas is Skeeter land so you're going to get the Yammies. I just basically depends on your geographic area. Here in my area of FL you see a lot of Rudes.

3. Member
    What brand of boat are you looking at?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evinrude57 View Post
    What brand of boat are you looking at?
    Ranger Z185 or Triton TRX189

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    You'll need to find a Ranger or Triton dealer that sells Evinrudes. Not very likely to see a Triton with a Rude on the back but more likely a Ranger will have one if they sell both.

6. Member
    There are a few Rangers around here with G2's on them so I know it can be had that way. Now whether the dealer installs it after delivery or its ordered that way from the factory?

Not sure about the Triton.

My Basscat came rigged from the factory with my G2.
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    You'll need to find a Ranger or Triton dealer that sells Evinrudes.
    Exactly my point.... WHERE are the ranger dealers with evinrudes?

8. Member
    The boats center and diamond marine are both ranger/evinrude dealers even if the dont have much if any in stock. Redwing boat co is also a ranger/evinrude dealer that is much more engaged with Evinrude. The problem is that bass pro makes it very difficult for ranger dealers to sell evinrude. If you would consider a vexus, vexus and evinrude are working together very well.

Ps redwing boat co may not carry the ranger boats you are looking for but might still be worth a call.

9. Member
    I'd be interested in a vexus as well but the only vexus dealer here is nichols marine. Their boats all have mercurys on them.

And Champ I wasn't yelling at you so I apologize if it came across that way.

10. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Lot of it depends what dealers mechanics specialize in, there is also a large portion of the boating community that believe if the motor is not black they will not buy it,,

11. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastxn View Post
    Exactly my point.... WHERE are the ranger dealers with evinrudes?
    You could work your search backwards. Go to the Evinrude web site and do a dealer search. When you find the Evinrude dealers within a distance you consider feasible for you, visit those dealers’ web sites to find out what brands of boats they carry. My Ranger dealer here in Ohio carries Evinrudes and sells the G2 both on stock boats and repowers. Good dealership, too, although you probably don’t want to travel quite this far.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

12. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    You could work your search backwards. Go to the Evinrude web site and do a dealer search. When you find the Evinrude dealers within a distance you consider feasible for you, visit those dealers’ web sites to find out what brands of boats they carry. My Ranger dealer here in Ohio carries Evinrudes and sells the G2 both on stock boats and repowers. Good dealership, too, although you probably don’t want to travel quite this far.
    Good advice, and X2 on good ole' Wright's Marine in St. Mary's, WV... BTW - if you come up from the great state of TX, you can also visit the Mothman Bridge
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

13. Member
    Thankya kindly for the information. I dunno why I didn't think of looking at evinrude's site so I did that. All I found close to me were places that dealt with evinrude outboards only.. no boats. So I contacted vexus and inquired about their dealerships who also sell evinrudes. The closest one to me is Real Deal marine in Pineville, LA 180 miles away. Next closest is North Texas marine in Gainesville, TX which is 200 miles the other way. That kind of sucks but it is what it is I guess

Do y'all think it would be worth it to make the long drive to find one? My issue with that is when I need to take it to a dealership for maintenance or warranty work or whatever. In those cases I could just take it to one of the outboard companies right? Or should I just stick with someone local and settle for merc or Yamaha. I don't really want to do that though. I want a rude boat.
    Last edited by Eastxn; 04-24-2019 at 02:43 PM.

14. Member
    I found out some more information. I've decided on a vexus 1980. North Texas marine has one with an Etech 150 and ultrex trolling motor for about $3,000 cheaper than the same boat where I live with a merc. Although the merc boat has a few other bells and whistles that I don't really need. They said any motor warranty work or maintenance can be done at any evinrude dealer not just boat dealerships. They also said they would take me for a test drive before I signed any paperwork so I'll be taking a trip up to see them next week.
    Last edited by Eastxn; 04-24-2019 at 03:26 PM.

15. Member
    Real Deal Marines should have 4 boats coming in any day now. But 1 of them is mine :)

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastxn View Post
    Thankya kindly for the information. I dunno why I didn't think of looking at evinrude's site so I did that. All I found close to me were places that dealt with evinrude outboards only.. no boats. So I contacted vexus and inquired about their dealerships who also sell evinrudes. The closest one to me is Real Deal marine in Pineville, LA 180 miles away. Next closest is North Texas marine in Gainesville, TX which is 200 miles the other way. That kind of sucks but it is what it is I guess

Do y'all think it would be worth it to make the long drive to find one? My issue with that is when I need to take it to a dealership for maintenance or warranty work or whatever. In those cases I could just take it to one of the outboard companies right? Or should I just stick with someone local and settle for merc or Yamaha. I don't really want to do that though. I want a rude boat.
    To me 180 to 200 miles drive is nothing to get a reliable company to service your boat.Living in eastern ky we have been doing this for several years.I have a 2010 Evinrude 150 ho engine.If you get the same service out of your 150 that I have out of mine you will love it.No issues,very quiet,great on gas and oil consumption.Good luck to you
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"