Wiring and fuse questions need some help please

I’m in the process of adding a separate Blue Seas fuse block at my console to power my 2. Garmin’s echomap 93sv plus units , GMS10, steadycast,panoptix,and a new Humminbird Helix 9 mega SI . I ran 10 awg marine tinned wire from battery to the fuse block . Then I’m running 12 awg marine tinned wire (3runs to the bow ) from the fuse block ,that will power up a panoptix ps-22, echomap 93 sv plus , and a helix 9 mega. The other echomap plus93sv ,steadycast,and gms10 network hub will be powered direct to the fuse block at the console. Also I have 30 amp fuse at the battery. My questions are can I do away with the in-line glass fused (Garmin Factory) and just put the recommended fuse in the fuse block ? Also can I shorten the factory power cord at my console to cut down on excess wire seeing how I’m wiring the three directly to the fuse block ? Didn’t know if it was necessary to run redundant fuses or not just trying to keep it simple . The Humminbird Helix doesn’t even come with a in line fuse .Thanks for any help you can offer .
    Kaz

2. Member
    No need to run redundant fuses...just fuse at fuse block/panel. Same with the Humminbird.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member
    You still need the fuse by the battery. You probably knew that but it is important enough to ask. Bob

4. Member
    Thanks Bob. I wasn't considering that one in my response but very important to keep that one as it protects the main feed to the panel.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

5. Member
    As long as each power wire is fused separately at the distribution block you will be ok. You need to make sure you fuse that main power wire connected to the battery within a foot of the battery. You can trim the power wire to get rid of the excess. Just make sure you use the recommended fuse size for each component you are connecting to the distribution block.