Motorguide Xi5 crack

I have a 2016 Motorguide Xi5 80 with internal sonar which has a large crack through the nose cone that contains the transducer. The crack does not extend into the spacer or motor housing. The motor is out of warranty and I plan to eventually replace it once all of the new cable/digital ones are released, but not ready for this now. I found that the entire nose cone with transducer is available online for around $100. Has anyone done this or know where I can find directions? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    There are 2 different cones for this motor. Not sure what the differences are, but I would call Motor guide to find the correct one.
    This is no back yard job. The motor assembly will require complete disassembly with the right tools to avoid damage to the brush card and brushes. New seals are recommended and you will need a 2 part marine epoxy. I would bring to a repair shop so as to avoid any additional damage.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    There are 2 different cones for this motor. Not sure what the differences are, but I would call Motor guide to find the correct one.
    This is no back yard job. The motor assembly will require complete disassembly with the right tools to avoid damage to the brush card and brushes. New seals are recommended and you will need a 2 part marine epoxy. I would bring to a repair shop so as to avoid any additional damage.

Thanks for your reply. Any ballpark estimates as to what a job like this would run?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fisheye216 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Any ballpark estimates as to what a job like this would run?
    Labor cost will very from area to area. It would take me about 1.5 hrs to tare down and assemble baring any major issues. Oh by the way My daughter s to live down the road from you. Emmaus(spelling?)

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    Labor cost will very from area to area. It would take me about 1.5 hrs to tare down and assemble baring any major issues. Oh by the way My daughter s to live down the road from you. Emmaus(spelling?)
    Thanks. I'm going to take your advice and have it done by a certified MG repair center. I live only a short distance from Emmaus and do a lot of shopping there to support their small businesses. Nice small town.