Mounting new Noco Genius Gen3

Hey guys,

Not sure where to ask this question...

I just spent some $$$ to get a new cranking battery, as the last one died in only 2 years. Found out that the Z18's only have a two bank charger, so when I thought I was charging all my batteries I found out the hard way I wasn't!!!!

I decided to get a new NOCO Genius Gen3 (30amp - 3-10amp) to charge both of my trolling and my cranking battery.

When I pulled out the storage compartment I found that the space where the 2 bank charger is located too small to mount the new 3 bank charger horizontally.

Question...has anyone mounted their charger vertically (so the cables are coming out the side vs. the bottom)???? Have your found any issues doing so??

I sent NOCO an email but haven't heard back...

I have seen it done. Could u possibly build something to make it work?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    I have 2 group 27 batteries, an X3 cranking battery, two Power-Pole pumps, an oil tank and a 3 bank Dual Pro 45 amp charger in the back of my Z-7. All of which fit comfortably and nothing mounted vertically or horizontally. Instead of mounting your new charger in the same location, put it in a different spot. Change your battery configuration if you have to. No sense mounting it vertically or horizontally if you don't have to. The black board over the bilge is meant to have holes drilled into it for mounting accessories and such. Post pics of your problem so others can point out possible solutions. Lots of guys on here with Z18s who have worked out your situation.

4. Member
    I replaced my 3 year old NOCO with a Minn Kota 3 bank would not have another NOCO.

5. Member
    I had 4 batteries and a NoCo 4 bank in my old Z18. It was a tight fit, but worked out well. I had to rearrange the battery trays and mount the charger flat as it was too tall to fit mounted in the original place. I eventually ended up with a X2Power group 31 cranking battery, 3 group 27 interstates TM batteries, the NoCo 4 bank charger, the 2-strole oil tank, and a power pole pump all wedged in back there.

'17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TXZ21 View Post
    I had 4 batteries and a NoCo 4 bank in my old Z18. It was a tight fit, but worked out well. I had to rearrange the battery trays and mount the charger flat as it was too tall to fit mounted in the original place. I eventually ended up with a X2Power group 31 cranking battery, 3 group 27 interstates TM batteries, the NoCo 4 bank charger, the 2-strole oil tank, and a power pole pump all wedged in back there.

7. Member
    Thanks...I ended up mounting exactly like txz21 did...took about 30 mins to glue down and connect all three batteries. Worked like a champ...everything is now being charged...thanks guys!!!!