Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Guide / MLF / FLW?

So if MLF or Boyd bought FLW, how do you think that would change guide trips? I know if I was a guide and fished FLW in the MLF format, I wouldn’t do it the same way as done today. Just thinking out loud

2. Banned
    Not sure I follow you. What would you do different.?? As a guide your job is to put clients in fish. What does the MLF format have to do with that?? Are you talking about if you’re guiding clients that are practicing for a Flw tournament??

3. Member
    Huh?

4. Member
    When the BASS guys are fishing a tournament, what’re they doing? They’re going fishing. Look at the results, they’re throwing wacky rigs, Texas rigs, 3” Keitechs, dropshots, crankbaits, spinnerbaits, buzz baits, and topwater baits.

When the FLW guys are fishing a tournament, what’re they doing? They’re going fishing. Look at the results, they’re throwing wacky worms, Texas rigs, 3” Keitechs, dropshots, crankbaits, spinnerbaits, buzz baits, and topwater baits.

When the MLF/BPT guys are fishing a tournament, what’re they doing? The exact same things, exact same lures.

The only difference is they’re weighing essentially everything they catch, while the BASS and FLW guys aren’t weighing everything.

Andy Morgan just won at Chickamauga catching more total fish per day than a ton of the people on this board catch in multiple trips. He was flipping, pitching, and throwing a bladed jig. What the complainers didn’t notice was that his best five weighed over 20 lbs.

Jim Tutt weighed in 20 for almost 80 pounds in a FLW event at Rayburn won by Terry Bolton. What the complainers didn’t notice was that he caught 186 bass over 4 days to cull to that 80 lbs, throwing a crankbait the size of a #7 Shad Rap. At the same time Bolton was catching them at times every cast, throwing a standard size crankbait.

They’re all doing the same thing...going fishing, throwing the same stuff. The format is just different, which for some reason freaks some of the BASS fanboys out.

Compeitition is good, it’s made BASS and to an extent FLW improve its product. That’s a good thing for everyone.

5. Member
    I don't see anything changing. Guides try to put you on fish.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosterfence View Post
    So if MLF or Boyd bought FLW, how do you think that would change guide trips? I know if I was a guide and fished FLW in the MLF format, I wouldn’t do it the same way as done today. Just thinking out loud
    I have no clue what i just read.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post
    When the BASS guys are fishing a tournament, what’re they doing? They’re going fishing. Look at the results, they’re throwing wacky rigs, Texas rigs, 3” Keitechs, dropshots, crankbaits, spinnerbaits, buzz baits, and topwater baits.

When the FLW guys are fishing a tournament, what’re they doing? They’re going fishing. Look at the results, they’re throwing wacky worms, Texas rigs, 3” Keitechs, dropshots, crankbaits, spinnerbaits, buzz baits, and topwater baits.

When the MLF/BPT guys are fishing a tournament, what’re they doing? The exact same things, exact same lures.

The only difference is they’re weighing essentially everything they catch, while the BASS and FLW guys aren’t weighing everything.

Andy Morgan just won at Chickamauga catching more total fish per day than a ton of the people on this board catch in multiple trips. He was flipping, pitching, and throwing a bladed jig. What the complainers didn’t notice was that his best five weighed over 20 lbs.

Jim Tutt weighed in 20 for almost 80 pounds in a FLW event at Rayburn won by Terry Bolton. What the complainers didn’t notice was that he caught 186 bass over 4 days to cull to that 80 lbs, throwing a crankbait the size of a #7 Shad Rap. At the same time Bolton was catching them at times every cast, throwing a standard size crankbait.

They’re all doing the same thing...going fishing, throwing the same stuff. The format is just different, which for some reason freaks some of the BASS fanboys out.

Compeitition is good, it’s made BASS and to an extent FLW improve its product. That’s a good thing for everyone.

Yup!!

8. Member

That's probably the best common sense post I've seen on the subject since all this crap started.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by 12poundbass View Post
    Huh?
    I have no clue what i just read. Quote Dubee

My thoughts exactly .......

Someone must have stayed up awful late last night to come up with that one but going to give them a pass when considering how many JM, BD, MLF, BPT threads there is on the BBC one might think JM, Boyd Duckett and the MLF/PBT are taking over the whole world and changing everything about it.

Guide Trips today who and what will it be tomorrow?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbh78 View Post
    That's probably the best common sense post I've seen on the subject since all this crap started.
    Do not get used to common sense. You will be sadly disappointed in the long run I can assure you LOL.

You had me right up unlit the FANBOY comment.

I don't give a damn what format people fish / like better. I'm glad there are multiple choices. I've watch all 3 on live and the are ALL good to watch.

That being said, I still prefer the BASS format over the others, does that make me a FANBOY..........

I never really cared for the MLF TV show, but the Live is very entertaining to watch. I have issues with some of the way MLF has acted during this entire process, but hey its a free country and more choices are good for every one. The goal of trying to get BASS fishing on the level as the 4 major sports if far reaching if not impossible.

MLF has to realize that they don't need to talk down one tour while promoting their new idea.

It's all good, i just prefer the best 5 over every fish counts. MLF does need to buy or create a feeder system and the FLW would be perfect for that.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

I think I understand your questions, but not sure. Are you saying most guides in the past will place the client on quantity of fish but not necessary quality of fish because they save them either for themselves for a tournament or possibly to someone that is willing to pay a little more to be placed on better fish. But since the new format, it could be detrimental to place a client on large numbers of fish that could have impact on an MLF format finish? Close to what you was asking?

13. Banned
    If your hiring a guide to put you on fish before a tourney whether its 5 fish or MLF format I think thats an auto DQ

14. Member
    MLF does need to buy or create a feeder system and the FLW would be perfect for that.

Why not BASS for a feeder system? Why not one of the many local, regional, or Nation trails? Why does it have to be FLW? Just curious Personally I think that the tournament circuits are on the same crash course that NASCAR has been on for several years now.
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    If your hiring a guide to put you on fish before a tourney whether its 5 fish or MLF format I think thats an auto DQ
    Depends on the tournament

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G4bama View Post
    MLF does need to buy or create a feeder system and the FLW would be perfect for that.

Why not BASS for a feeder system? Why not one of the many local, regional, or Nation trails? Why does it have to be FLW? Just curious Personally I think that the tournament circuits are on the same crash course that NASCAR has been on for several years now.
    They tried to work something out with BASS and it apparently didnt work. Guessing FLW is more receptive "IF" some of the rumors are true.

17. Member
    Do huh??

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kking View Post
    I think I understand your questions, but not sure. Are you saying most guides in the past will place the client on quantity of fish but not necessary quality of fish because they save them either for themselves for a tournament or possibly to someone that is willing to pay a little more to be placed on better fish. But since the new format, it could be detrimental to place a client on large numbers of fish that could have impact on an MLF format finish? Close to what you was asking?
    I think this is what he was asking.

19. Member

Thank you sir. Everything about this is correct. Even the comment about the offended fanboys.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    They tried to work something out with BASS and it apparently didnt work. Guessing FLW is more receptive "IF" some of the rumors are true.
    What was there to "work out"? Duckett would have to be delusional to think he could walk in and tell the 50 year old top professional bass tour, " hey, we have decided we are going to have the top tour now, you can send us your best 10 anglers every year to keep us from having to spend money on a feeder tour". If the roles were reversed, he would laugh them out of his office. As he should.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast