Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Don’t touch the Fury. They don’t like to be worked

I think alot depends on the hull, a heavy load in a Bass Catt is not even close to a heavy load in a Ranger or Nitro.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    Depends on the model boat and the engine

Quote Originally Posted by Landar View Post
    Don’t touch the Fury. They don’t like to be worked
    Bull! I have had several Furys reworked and all of them performed far better than any Tempest under any condition, Stock out of the box the tempest is a faster prop in every case I have dealt with, with a load.
    But very few prop guys know how to make Fury work right
    Thank You Leon Pugh

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GEEBASS2000 View Post
    A worked Tempest "worked to 25 pitch with a lot of cup and B&B" 6300rpm 68.5 FULL LOAD light LOAD 6450rpm on limiter 69.5 mph
    A Stock 26 pitch Fury 6100 to 6200 rpm 68 mph FULL LOAD 70MPH light load

Trying to get to 70 to 71 with a FULL LOAD, the 2.00:1 gears in a Honda make it tuff to set up for speed.
    That didn't sound bad given the 2.0 gear ratio. If you can find a demo try a fury 4 26, might give you the balance of hole shot and top end you are looking for.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sabby View Post
    That didn't sound bad given the 2.0 gear ratio. If you can find a demo try a fury 4 26, might give you the balance of hole shot and top end you are looking for.
    I would love to try a fury 4 but 2 different prop shops told me that it was just not a limited batch or pitch but all fury 4's are throwing blades like crazy. With out me prompting them both prop guys said if I try a Bravo or Fury 4 very high risk of throwing a blade.

7. Member
    I'm running a stock 25P Promax on my 797/Honda250 combo and am very happy with the overall performance. Given the incredible holeshot I think I could turn a 26 and get a little more top end if I needed it but I'm happy with 67 given the size of the boat, powerpoles, half fuel and livewells, and my tackle.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    Bull! I have had several Furys reworked and all of them performed far better than any Tempest under any condition, Stock out of the box the tempest is a faster prop in every case I have dealt with, with a load.
    But very few prop guys know how to make Fury work right
    Exactly. Lots of BCB owners get their Furys worked by Ronnie Gilbert with great results
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

9. Member
    I have a 01 Triton tr-20 with a 225efi with dual 12’ talons, 6” detwiller jackplate.

i have a b&b and cup added tempest 26.

i also have a fury 26 that the previous owner said was worked, but I can’t find any proof of that on the prop.

my boat literally spins them both the same but the holeshot and top end go to the tempest, although that could just be the difference from the tempest being worked more. I currently have my fury 26 as a spare, although I would like to try this prop again with some more run time to see if I can dial it in.

So far I have ran 76.2mph with the tempest at 5500rpms and having to let out of it. I haven’t had the boat long so I’m learning how to drive this thing all over again compared to the champion 203 I had... she has a lot more in it.

10. Member
    Bravo 1 for me too.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Akers13fox View Post
    I'm running a stock 25P Promax on my 797/Honda250 combo and am very happy with the overall performance. Given the incredible holeshot I think I could turn a 26 and get a little more top end if I needed it but I'm happy with 67 given the size of the boat, powerpoles, half fuel and livewells, and my tackle.
    Do you run the pro finish or lab finish?

Since the fury came out i havent seen a tempest swap out that ever went back to the tempest

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Since the fury came out i havent seen a tempest swap out that ever went back to the tempest
    Well now you have I had given up on getting a Fury to work as well as a tempest, Then I hooked up with Ronnie Gilbert and I am back to Fury now, No doubt in my mind that in stock form tempest works better overall especially with a load. Ronnie fixes that
    Thank You Leon Pugh

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GEEBASS2000 View Post
    Do you run the pro finish or lab finish?
    Pro finish

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12