California Fishing Moderator Captain Babito A7T3C's Avatar

Anyone fish Pardee lately?

Title says it, anyone?

Parent's booked a couple of RV spots for the family at the end of this week, we'll be out there for a few days.

I'll have boat on site, just wondering how the bass are doing there. Always thought it was more of a trout lake.

Either way should be a great week.

2017 Nitro Z18 - Mercury ProXS 175 - 24P Fury - Elite 9 TI2 - Fortrex

2. Banned
    I haven't been there in years, but it's supposed to be good for bass. I recall it being very, very clear. Let me know how the RV spots are, as I've been wanting to try it. McSwain camping for us this weekend.

3. Member
    Big Smallies!!

4. California Fishing Moderator Captain Babito A7T3C's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    I haven't been there in years, but it's supposed to be good for bass. I recall it being very, very clear. Let me know how the RV spots are, as I've been wanting to try it. McSwain camping for us this weekend.
    Will do. Can't wait - I'm hearing decent things about the bass action there lately. Make the short drive to a McClure launch if you can, it's absolute fire right now out there.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    Big Smallies!!
    I'm hoping! Haven't fished Pardee in so long.

5. Member
    Pardee was a sleeper bass lake for quite awhile, then people started catching big spots and let the cat out of the bag. Senkos and T-rigged Baby brush hogs work well there. They do inspect, clean and dry, no water in bilge or motor. Very clear water 15-25' very common. Have fun and enjoy.

6. California Fishing Moderator Captain Babito A7T3C's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ 196 elite View Post
    Pardee was a sleeper bass lake for quite awhile, then people started catching big spots and let the cat out of the bag. Senkos and T-rigged Baby brush hogs work well there. They do inspect, clean and dry, no water in bilge or motor. Very clear water 15-25' very common. Have fun and enjoy.
    I couldn't crack Pardee while camping there last week. We caught bass, but not in the amount i expected to.

Threw everything i had - cranks/jigs/worms/grubs/spinners/frogs. Fished shallow, med/deep - the only bass i caught were off a drop shot. Beautiful weather, warm temps, clear conditions. Truly left me stumped.

Either way a great trip with family and friends.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by A7T3C View Post
    I couldn't crack Pardee while camping there last week. We caught bass, but not in the amount i expected to.

Threw everything i had - cranks/jigs/worms/grubs/spinners/frogs. Fished shallow, med/deep - the only bass i caught were off a drop shot. Beautiful weather, warm temps, clear conditions. Truly left me stumped.

Either way a great trip with family and friends.
    Hows the campgrounds?

8. Banned
    Caught my first 10 there. Swimbaits and wake baits. Looks for island tops and long point.