94 Johnson Fast Strike 150 bogging down

Thanks in advance. 94 Fast Strike 150. (On a 94 Stratos 285 PRO XL) It will idle fine. When I give it gas and try to go, it bogs down and wont go. Then it seems like it runs out of gas. If I prime the bulb it will continue to run at idle, but no faster. I have replaced the primer bulb and the spark plugs. Im not sure what else to look at? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    SSG Jeremy Starks US ARMY

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Did you replace the primer bulb with an Evinrude part or some off the market primer bulb? Was it running OK and suddenly start this issue or has it been going on all along.?

3. Member
    Thanks for replying Champion. I replaced the bulb with an off the shelf generic one.
    It seems like it came on all at once. One day it was running fine, the next it was bogging down.
    I thought it might have had a leak in the fuel and getting air in it somehow? This boat has the 2 tanks that connect in the back with the T-valve. So I eliminated that by going straight from the starboard tank to the motor. Still the same issue.
    I put Ol Sadie Mae in the shop this morning so the "professionals" could tell me something.
    Any other ideas?

4. Member
    So i got the call today.... The fuel pump needs replacing.
    VRO pump installed for $863.77.
    Non VRO installed for $500. This one would mean that I would have to mix the oil and gas myself.
    Any thoughts on this?