Sticky throttle cable on new 195, or normal?

Ran two new graphs and took some panels off in the process to do so. Throttle is fine in reverse, but binds up going forward. Press center button for idle rpm (optimax motor) no binding in forward or reverse. This is on the trailer not on the water. Didn’t mess with throttle out of the water before I started installing so I’m not sure if this is normal or something is getting bound up because I was moving stuff around. Don’t want to get to the lake this weekend and have to deal with it if it’s an issue so I appreciate any feedback.

2. Member
    Being it dosnt bind when you press the center button... maybe its sticky shift cable, or something in the control box itself?
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Tracker View Post
    Being it dosnt bind when you press the center button... maybe its sticky shift cable, or something in the control box itself?
    Possiby. Everything moves fine with button pushed and no issue with motor linkage.

4. Member
    I had the exact same thing happen to me when I got my new tracker 175txw this year. Installed some graphs and noticed the shifter was very stiff. I was just as worried as you, but as soon as I got on the water all was normal for me.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdal1 View Post
    I had the exact same thing happen to me when I got my new tracker 175txw this year. Installed some graphs and noticed the shifter was very stiff. I was just as worried as you, but as soon as I got on the water all was normal for me.
    Thats really weird...

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by served_usmc View Post
    Thats really weird...
    Yea that’s how I feel, but it’s been like that since day one. And like I said works perfect on the water so it doesn’t bother me at all. I thought I might have pinched something when I ran the new transducer cable to the back of boat, but took it all back apart and inspected the cable and it was fine. Good luck with your new rig

7. Member
    If you're trying to shift gears without the engine running its not unusual for it to bind up. The gears in the lower unit need to be turning when you are shifting in and out of gear. Have someone turn the prop while you move the gearshift and it should shift into gear.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider58 View Post
    If you're trying to shift gears without the engine running its not unusual for it to bind up. The gears in the lower unit need to be turning when you are shifting in and out of gear. Have someone turn the prop while you move the gearshift and it should shift into gear.
    This was my first assumption but I wanted to make sure I wasn’t normalizing a potential issue, so I didn’t want to mention it in the OP. I’m sure that’s what it is seeing as there is no binding issues when I push the button and move the throttle.

9. Member
    I believe my Mercury manual suggests not to shift unless the engine is running... something to that effect.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

11. Member
    Yup. Have someone spin the prop while you do it. should clear it up, done that before.