Thread: Del-a-crow

Del-a-crow

Finally getting a chance to get back down this weekend. Leaving Thursday from NC for a 4 day trip. Anyone doing any good at Delacroix lately? Havent been since december. Any areas to target or avoid lol. Plan to hit a bunch of the ponds i found back at the end of december. Mostly shell lake area.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

Shell lake, lake Batola, Spanish lake and lake Lery for reds and bass. Once you get further south and east of those areas the water has been awful. High river and high winds.

Quote Originally Posted by iron banks View Post
    Shell lake, lake Batola, Spanish lake and lake Lery for reds and bass. Once you get further south and east of those areas the water has been awful. High river and high winds.
    Thanks bud. You take the canal straight down from the Sweetwater ramp to get to Shell Lake? Pretty tricky to navigate last trip. Didnt venture into lery last trip, although i know where it is.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

4. Member
    Shell lake can be a little tricky without mapping it on a good graph or really paying attention to a map and a compass... it took me a little bit to decipher what open water to cross to hit hidden pockets I was looking for..

sadly, there used to be land making it easier.. I like to study old topo maps and compare to satellite imagery... I’ve learned so much that way.. I also always pay attention to crab boats and the routes they take..

lake lery should be pretty dirty right now..the water filters out pretty quick tho.. grand lake should be fine...

5. Member
    I would also look around lake john area four horse areas around there should have plenty of reds and bass
    Phillipians 4:13 I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Bottle bayou, petain lagoon and lake john were very muddy and low water. Found some reds in Little lake Batola and Petit. Better fishing ended up being around Hopedale on Sunday. By far the least success i have had down there. The rain and wind have everything muddy for sure.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    828 674 6752

7. Member
    Wish you could have had a better trip down man hope those spots I sent you on Facebook panned out.
    Phillipians 4:13 I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xpressboat87 View Post
    Wish you could have had a better trip down man hope those spots I sent you on Facebook panned out.

Man, share the wealth!! I’m tired of my regular old spots..