St. Clair in July - First Timer

Bringing my dad to St. Clair for his 70th birthday to catch some Smallies. Never been to St. Clair (or Michigan for that matter). Would appreciate advice on where to stay in the Roseville area. We'll have a guide so boat parking won't be an issue. Just looking for a decent, safe hotel within a reasonable distance of the lake. Thanks!!!
    2018 Triton 18TRX
    2018 Mercury 175 Optimax ProXS

2. Member
    Do yourself a favor and stay up on Hall road(M59) and I94. It's only a few minutes away from Roseville and it is much cleaner and safer. The 13 mile and Little mack area is a shit hole. Lots of long term residents, drugs, prostitution, bed bugs and questionable people staying around there, especially at the Super 8. I live 2 miles from that area and never recommend them to anybody. If you are dead set on staying in that particular area, stay at the holiday inn.

3. Member
    Ditto to the hall road/I94 suggestion, better atmosphere up there and lots of food choices west on hall road. With I 94 you're still only a few miles from the big boat launches in that area.

Do you know what launch you guys will be going out of?

4. Member
    Thanks Guys! I can deal with drugs and prostitution, just not bed bugs (that's a joke)... The guide doesn't know where we are putting in yet. Says he will let us know closer to fishing time. If we have to drive another 30 - 45 minutes, I'm fine with that. Thanks again!
    2018 Triton 18TRX
    2018 Mercury 175 Optimax ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    Do yourself a favor and stay up on Hall road(M59) and I94. It's only a few minutes away from Roseville and it is much cleaner and safer. The 13 mile and Little mack area is a shit hole. Lots of long term residents, drugs, prostitution, bed bugs and questionable people staying around there, especially at the Super 8. I live 2 miles from that area and never recommend them to anybody. If you are dead set on staying in that particular area, stay at the holiday inn.
    that is a true statement. micro suite I believe called is pretty bad.
    1998 bullet 20xd 2006 225 sport xs

Wow and I grew up at 10 mile and I-94 when they were building the freeway!!