Minn Kota Edge 70 issue

Momentary runs constant. Notice it a couple of times yesterday just for a second or two then it went back to normal. Then at the end of the day it was going constant and wouldn't stop unless I turned the switch off.

I took the plastic button off the pedal and messed with the metal button a little. I was able to adjust the screw a little on bottom and pull up on the metal button with my fingers to get it to stop, but it would start up again when I let go. I could only get it to stop every now and then, not every time.

Any ideas?

Don't really want to take it in anywhere as I will be without it for at least 2-3 weeks. Motor is only a little over a year old.
    2018 Crestliner VT17 DX
    Mercury 60hp Four Stroke
    70# Minn Kota Maxxum
    Helix 5 Chirp Console/Bow

2. Member
    I would check the wiring at to and behind the plug. If loose, they can make TM's act up.

3. Member
    I would start by making sure all wires are tight on the foot pedal. If they are, there is a spring under the black pedal that should lift it when you aren’t pressing it. Make sure it’s still there. If it is, the switch could be sticking. You can get a 5 pack of springs for $5 from Northland Marine. And if the switch is sticking it’s only $10.80.