Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Updates on my 17' Falcon

So I got my Falcon in Mid-Feb and I live in Ohio so havent been able to use it or anything and I had some updates/upgrades I wanted to do. Well it came with a console mount g2n helix 9 and same in the bow...decided to move console to bow with a BBT dual stack mount and added 360. Upgraded fortrex to Ultrex with DI and then bought new Helix G3N 12 for console on BBT console mount. After running different scenarios I decided to run dedicated power to all units and 360 so I bought a new circuit box and ran all power with full ethernet as well. After some long hours in the barn and 6.5 hours saturday night I finally have all that buttoned up besides mounting the circuit box and ethernet box underneath the console which will be simple thankfully.

The Bird also came with one power pole so I purchased another as well and will be mounting that later this week. Cant wait to finally have it finished. I have had the boat for over 2 months now and havent been able to use it once til this wknd! Pre-fishing saturday and first tourny of the year sunday! Hopefully all goes well and I have zero issues.

Heres a few pics of the finished product and I'll add some more once the pole is done and installed!

Tight lines!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

Gd luck, looks good, clean..

Jason Davis, MSgt, USAF, Retired

IF YOUR NOT GETTING HUNG UP, YOUR NOT FISHING WHERE THE FISH ARE!!"

2019 Falcon 195
    2019 Yamaha SHO 200 w 23P Fury
    Helix 9 DI (Bow)
    Helix 9 SI with Mega (Console)
    MK Ultrex 80lb
    NMEA 2k

3. Member
    I like the fit and finish of that bow stack. Looks great.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by littleluk View Post
    I like the fit and finish of that bow stack. Looks great.
    I was a little hesitant on ordering it because I loved the one being flush mounted but I did not want to put one on a mount next to it....takes up too much space and looks tacky too me. I decided to do the BBT mount and no regrets as of right now. Both the console and bow are BBT and they are STURDY!! Cant budge any of it. I love it so far.
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

5. Member
    Yes I love my BBT mounts as well. Not that I get anything nice from saying that but I appreciate them making the mounts that just drop into our Falcons and work so well.

6. Member
    Well got my second power pole almost fully buttoned up. Need to drill through the two holes through the fiberglass "eek" and mount the pump up connect some power and shes golden! Looks sooooo much better with two poles not being lopsided! Cant wait to finally get it done and have everything buttoned up on the boat and I can focus just on fishing and starting the BFLs soon!

7. Member
    Man that’s a sharp boat!!!

8. Member
    When you're out next time get a side pic, want to see your colors. So far you have the right colors!

9. Member
    Here is a bad side pic clarity isnt well but this was before adding second pole we went out for some smallies....river was chocolate milk.

10. Member

11. Member
    Well shes pretty well done for now. Might start messing with the Prop if I get bored but for now shes finished up and running well. Time to enjoy and set the hook on some fish!

12. Member
    That’s a good color combination.

13. Member
    Well I ran in some rough water and when I got home I noticed my jack plate had raised roughly 3.5". Not good. Got home and started on it and did what the instructions are supposed to be on a Z Lock jack plate and undone all the side bolts.....(6) in total and couldnt get the thing to budge......tried screwing the adjustable bolt and still nothing. Literally had to loosen the bolt, take two 4x4's and lay them across the jack plate and give them some solid cracks to get it to break loose and eventually lower. I will give my opinion to ANYONE looking at a jack plate and DO NOT go with Z Lock. Everything you see online people have the same issues. I will eventually be turning to an Atlas. Overall though im still in love with this boat. Such a soft ride in rough water I love it.

14. Member
    Looks SWEET !!! Love the blue, G2

15. Member
    Scum frog, so its safe to say its a way better ride than your last boat?

16. Member
    txsunfish absolutely. I dont know how many times ive clinched cheeks coming off a wave wrong and waited for the hard hit and it lands soft and it almost puts a smile on your face lol. There has also been times in my last boat I would of speared a wave without a doubt but the way the hull is designed and that front just pushes the waves out and down its amazing. My design complaint that I do not like so far is I wish they would have moved the center storage up a few inches so you had a place to sit when in the storage retying and such. Instead you have to sit down on the cooler spot in between consoles and your crammed. It isnt the biggest thing in the world it just would of been nice. Theres not many if any Falcon's in Michigan and thats where I fish the BFL's and you cant go anywhere without someone speaking to you about it.....either people yelling "NICE BOAT" or giving you a thumbs up.....ive even had quite a few Phoenix guys come and speak to me about the boat and say how nice it is. Ego booster forrrrrr sure! LOL I did fish a local tourney on Erie last sunday and flew past a 921 headed to a spot who was quite a few boats ahead of me and he even talked to me about it after the tourney lol.....Love it though!

17. Member
    Well didnt have a strong finish as I wanted in the BFL over the wknd but on the way home we stopped for a bite to eat and walking back to the truck seen the background and though it was a perfect time to snap a photo and she turned out pretty great IMO. Still pleased with this boat.

18. Member
    Scum frog: how much was that BBT console mount, thinking I may have to do that on my 215, the factory one is a little low for my taste? Is that the reason you went this route? Thx

19. Member
    It was $295.....phenomenal mount though....it doesnt BUDGE in any weather....sits perfect. I wanted to run two units on the bow so I can have a dedicated 360 screen so I moved the flush mounted helix 9 to the bow with the other one and put those on the BBT dual console mount which is really nice as well. Im extremely happy with both mounts. Overall very pleased....not pleased with the birds as much as I was hoping but its all good.

20. Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast