Thread: Keelshield

Keelshield

Hey guys just picked up a new to me Phoenix 618 Pro, this thing is mint, however it has no keel guard. after looking around I see the cheapest option is the Gator Guard Keel Shield. Looks like an easy install. Can anyone share their experiences?

I have had 2 experiences. I have one on a Cajun bass boat that I installed about 10 years ago and it is still flawless. I installed another 1 on a newer Triton and it started to peel with in 6 months. However, I sent them pictures and they replaced it with no questions asked and the 2nd 1 on the Triton stuck with no issues. The hardest part of all was removing the Keel shield from the time a peeled off

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

3. Member
    Just have someone there to help you hold and guide it on. The hardest part is just keeping it centered and even. We peeled the tape as we went, not all at once. Following the cleaning procedure is a must. Mine has had no issues....I like it!

Best product on the market for a self install.

2019 tracker 195 Tournament Edition
    Mercury 150hp 4 Stroke
    4 blade Trophy plus 13 3/4 x 23 SS
    Smartcraft Mercmonitor
    Vesselview Mobile
    Minn Kota Ulterra I-pilot Link W/mega SI
    Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega Chirp G3
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI Mega Chirp G4

6. Member
    I installed a KeelShield on my old Champion a few years ago. No problems installing (follow their directions) - still tight on hull. Wish I'd installed one many years before I did. Beach boat on concrete ramps frequently and it sure saves hull from ramp burn.

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I self installed a Keel Shield on my Skeeter and after 10 yrs. it was still there when i sold the boat.....I then put one on my Phoenix, which came off somewhere on Toledo Bend.....it was replaced by Keel Shield which i sold and will be putting a Hamby's (heavy duty) on boat one day.....just havent gotten to it......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS