Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    I give him that, but do you think he could play outfield like Mays? Many more stolen bases for Mays also. And more base hits for Mays.
    No I don’t think he could play outfield like mays but mays couldn’t pitch like him or hit home runs like Ruth so I don’t see your point. There both great players of their era.

2. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    So much has changed since those days. The number of games played, people have gotten bigger, faster and stronger, lots more than that has changed. Players these days just aren’t the same as back then

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon!sc View Post
    The best all-round player is Ty Cobb. Close second is Pete Rose.
    Cobb is an all time great. Rose isn't top 50. Joe Morgan and Johnny Bench are arguably the greatest to ever play their positions and were certainly better than Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by fishon!sc View Post
    The best all-round player is Ty Cobb. Close second is Pete Rose.
    This is incorrect.

The best player was Joe Charbonneau, because he could open a beer bottle with his eye socket.

5. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    This is incorrect.

The best player was Joe Charbonneau, because he could open a beer bottle with his eye socket.
    . . . . - - - >

6. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    . . . .

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrxpress8567 View Post
    I've nver even heard a whisper of Pujols Being a steroid user. (but, the shot he hit of Brad Lidge in game 5 of the NLCS in 2005 still hasn't landed yet, so I could see why someone would say that lol)
    I never heard one bad thing about Pujols and I watched him play many years in St. Louis. Great player and great representative in the community.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    most high school pitchers today are better than those that Ruth faced.
    That has to be a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by ardenbass View Post
    Cobb is an all time great. Rose isn't top 50. Joe Morgan and Johnny Bench are arguably the greatest to ever play their positions and were certainly better than Rose.
    You serious, Rose isn’t in the top 50? I will give you Bench but Morgan wasn’t better than Sandberg or Kent. Two more that I forgot about Carew and Roberto Alomar.

10. Banned
    You should be banned from posting on this thread after that non sense.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    You should be banned from posting on this thread after that non sense.
    Lol. Facts and truth can hurt sometimes.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako231 View Post
    And Pujols is a reported to have been a heavy steroid user in the past. No proof, just speculation and statements from old teammates.
    Lifetime St. Louis fan here and I can tell you that I can't say for sure he didn't do steroids but I HIGHLY doubt it. If you look at his overall body type over the years it hasn't changed. Usually with heavy users (think Barry Bonds) or even guys who hit the occasional cycle they change big time. Now I do think he lied about his age, he's at least 5 years older than what he claims to be. Old teammates were probably just haters, jealousy is a m'fer.

13. Member
    Babe Ruth still has the best OPS all time and 2nd best WAR of all time.

14. Banned
    Lol. Facts and truth can hurt sometimes.

Yeah the all time hits leader and maybe the hardest playing ball player of all time isn't in your top 50..... facts and truth... lol. Get outta here man. Lol

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrxpress8567 View Post
    I've nver even heard a whisper of Pujols Being a steroid user. (but, the shot he hit of Brad Lidge in game 5 of the NLCS in 2005 still hasn't landed yet, so I could see why someone would say that lol)
    That homerun ruined Brad Lidge, he wasn't close to the same pitcher after. Could be just coincidence but I think it did something to him psychologically that he couldn't recover from.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post

Yeah the all time hits leader and maybe the hardest playing ball player of all time isn't in your top 50..... facts and truth... lol. Get outta here man. Lol
    Playing six years past being a productive player to chase Cobb, running over a catcher in an exhibition game, and running to first on a BB does not make you a top 50 player. Pete was great player but was not the equal of Morgan, Bench and a whole bunch of other players.

17. Banned
    "BAZZZZE'BALL HAZ BEEN BERRY BERRY GOOD TOO ME " - Sammy Sosa

Playing six years past being a productive player to chase Cobb, running over a catcher in an exhibition game, and running to first on a BB does not make you a top 50 player. Pete was great player but was not the equal of Morgan, Bench and a whole bunch of other players.
    I feel like you are forgetting the iconic bowl haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by GZ ONE View Post
    Bryce Harper will pass them all eventually .....lol
    Not playing for the Phillies.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cneubass79 View Post
    You serious, Rose isn’t in the top 50? I will give you Bench but Morgan wasn’t better than Sandberg or Kent. Two more that I forgot about Carew and Roberto Alomar.
    Before our time but if you're a stats guy Roger Hornsby and Eddie Collins have some amazing stats and WAR. Both are in the HOF as 2nd baseman. All of the expert MLB guys rank them ahead of Morgan as well.

Morgan doesn't make the top 50 regardless of how you rank them. Rose is somewhere around 40-50. Morgan was a great player but if you add in pitchers to your all time greats, he is on the outside looking in.
    Last edited by NW.Ind.Basser; 04-24-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast