Thread: Talquin??

Talquin??

Buddy is coming to town this weekend and wants to go to Talquin. Anybody been out there? What are they doing? I haven't been fishing yet this year.. Going out Saturday speckled trout fishing out of St. Marks. We're going bass fishing Friday.

2. Member
    Haven't been to Talquin lately so can't help ya there, but quick question. Does it have to be Talquin? The reason I haven't fished it in a couple months is because both the river and Seminole have been on fire for me so far this April. If you decide to go to either one of those instead let me know, I'll put you on some fish

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Never been on Seminole so I don't know much about it. I've been on Talquin once with Old Biker and Jackson once. I've heard Jackson is low. Pretty sad for me but I've only been here for a few years and my interests are moving to more Salt water than stump laden lakes that I have no clue about.

4. Member
    ChampioNman, I am also new to the area. I have mainly fished Seminole but started fishing Talquin at the beginning of March. For a few weeks there in march I was doing really well fishing "typical" pre-spawn areas. Had several trips in a row catching anywhere from 17-26lb bags for my best 5. Once April hit, it was as if I lost track of the fish. The areas that had been producing stopped, and I would just catch a few here in there in random areas with no real pattern. Still caught some good fish though! My last trip to Talquin 2 weekends ago it was heavily pressured by several tournaments and I got skunked. I didn't feel too bad about it after I looked online and saw that only one boat out of one of the local clubs caught a 5 bass limit, and the rest either got skunked or only caught one or two. What I can tell you about Talquin is that the shad spawn is happening and has been active for about 3-4 weeks. On 14 April the water temp was 73-75 degrees depending on the time of day, and what creek you were in.

Poppin'Frog, I'm all ears if you're ok with sharing information about Seminole. If you ever need someone to weight down the back of your boat for you, let me know. Or you can jump on my boat and run the trolling motor all day, and I'll just weight down the back of mine instead.... Seriously!

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Shadow4, thanks for the reply! If the storms clear out of here early enough we'll give Talquin a shot, we'll put in at Coe Landing ramp.

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Thanks to Mike and Mike, we did manage to catch a solid 2 pounder up in the Iron Curtain area on a C rig. Water was very muddy, WT was 70.2 at the start of the day end of day warmed up to 75.8 no bites past 10:30 AM but had a big time. Thanks again guys.