Thread: 2010 25hp Etec

2010 25hp Etec

Lookin for a little help here before I call the shop and take it in to the tech. I just purchased my boat with this motor and I’m having a little issue. The first few times I had it out it went into safe mode after running it for a little while. Come to find out I needed a new impeller. After getting that taken care of I took it back out. Well it did the same thing after running it for a bit. After doing a little looking I noticed the gas tank vent valve wasn’t staying open and it was not venting properly. So, I figured that was the problem and causing the motor to go into safe mode. So, this weekend I took it back out on Saturday with no issues at all. I ran it hard on a very windy day. Then yesterday I went back out on a smaller lake. I ran it around for a bit but did more fishing than running. But, when I fired it up to head back to the ramp is was back in safe mode. The vent valve was all the way open so that wasn’t the issue this time. The oil reservoir is half full. Does this need to be full at all times? The only other thing I can think of is the gas iin the tank is older than what they told me when I bought it. I’m wishing I had just pumped it out when I got it just to be safe. I’m guessing if it’s older gas the motor could get finicky. My intakes are clear of debris. I’m still thinking air is in the line somewhere. The pump was checked when the new impeller was put in. Anyone ever have this same issue? Motor runs great until it jumps into the safe mode.

You may have water in the fuel filter. You can hook it up to the diagnostic software and it will tell you what is causing it to go into slow.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

Sounds like it has not received it's 3 year/300 hour service.
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO