Helix 1.9 Update Question: Mapping Errors

Occasionally when I am auto chart live mapping in an area (with my helix 10 mega si g2n) where there is a shallow(er) hump, say 6-8 feet of water, the map in that area turns a dark concentrated color with lighter colors around it.

To correct this I have to make a number of passes over the area and usually it self corrects...but it is a pain and time consuming.

Do others experience this and does the 1.9 update fix this? Perspectives and tips welcome.
    Last edited by BoilermakerRT178; 04-21-2019 at 11:05 PM.

2. Member
    Am I the only one that experiences this??

3. Member
    Never mind. I think I have found the fix.

https://www.technologicalangler.com/...hart-live-maps

4. Member
    This is much easier to do with autochart pc or autochart pro if you record actual sonar data instead of just doing the live maps.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by exx1976 View Post
    This is much easier to do with autochart pc or autochart pro if you record actual sonar data instead of just doing the live maps.
    yes thanks and agree but that would mean buying the software. Kind of a pain but I will deal with it in the live format.

6. Member
    I wish they would tweak the ACL method to allow deletion of multiple data points at the same time, or at least not take you all the way out of the window and back in every time you delete ONE data point.
    Last edited by granite; 04-23-2019 at 12:00 PM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilermakerRT178 View Post
    yes thanks and agree but that would mean buying the software. Kind of a pain but I will deal with it in the live format.
    This is true, but the software does a lot more than live could ever hope to do, and makes data manipulation far easier. It's well worth the investment. It also includes a zero lines card, which is half the cost right there...