Banned

99 Pantera Classic?'s

Hi guys, I'm looking at a 99 Classic. Other than overall opinions on the boat I'm curious about the drivers seat. I'm a bigger guy and wanted to know if this model is typically tighter for big guys. I had a 99 skeeter zx202 and was very comfortable in it. I know this boat is a foot shorter, but I don't know if the cockpit is smaller.

Anything typical about this year to look at as far as common problems? It has a 200 merc on it also.

Thanks!

My 1996 classic had tons of room at the console (it was bench seat so that helped) but it also had tons of leg room for tall guys. One thing I will add this about a 1999 is that it does not qualify for BassCats lifetime hull warranty (you must find a 2000 or 2001 Pantera classic) if so. This is because prior to 2000/2001 BassCat used wood in the floors/transom (it was encapsulated in fiberglass) but it can rot out of not maintained. I loved my Pantera Classic...it was so fun to drive as it was extremely nimble and it fished very well. Front deck is pretty narrow on them that was my only complaint with the TM down.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Is this one a round deck with inserted rails, Or a rear fin with a rail extending out of it? Those after the fin models do not have wooden floors. That detail has never been released.

I had a 99 Classic (see page 10 of the “Post your Cat” thread at the top.). I’m 6’3” and it fit me well for leg room, but I did not have a hot foot on that particular boat. I really liked it and would be happy if I still owned it. Drove like a race car. The only negative was the limited storage. If I recall correctly, there was no storage on the back deck.

1999 Pantera Classic, glass stringers, glass floor, transom could be wood laminate with glass, Urethane foam transom (20) or all fiberglass.

6. Banned
    This is the boat I am looking at. Would this be the all glass model?BCB.jpg

They did not say all glass, they indicated the transom is unknown. There is no documentation on changes internally to changes in production when all glass boats came out. Some of the older staff has recollections on when changes were made.

8. Banned
    Thanks for the info!

9. Member

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    1999 Pantera Classic, glass stringers, glass floor, transom could be wood laminate with glass, Urethane foam transom (20) or all fiberglass.

I just replaced the carpet in my 1999 Pantara Classic the floor is about 1/8 fiberglass over wood ...Which was rotted out all around the front drain....The wood appeared to be unprotected... No resin just plain plywood...Also I drilled a stringer and wood came out....