Thread: X18 Rod Storage

X18 Rod Storage

I'm shopping for an aluminum bass boat that will fit in my garage. Love the Vexus 1880 but don't love the 115 HP rating, Ranger RT188 has no leg room and the same HP rating.... So far I'm liking the Xpress X18 but the rod box situation doesn't look so great. Will the rod box on the Xpress X18 hold 7'6 or 8' rods and how many? I'm not finding much info out there but have seen some threads about Xpress where guys are taking the rod tubes out to make longer rods fit. Thanks!

Without the tubes itll be perfect

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

3. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowMouth View Post
    I'm shopping for an aluminum bass boat that will fit in my garage. Love the Vexus 1880 but don't love the 115 HP rating, Ranger RT188 has no leg room and the same HP rating.... So far I'm liking the Xpress X18 but the rod box situation doesn't look so great. Will the rod box on the Xpress X18 hold 7'6 or 8' rods and how many? I'm not finding much info out there but have seen some threads about Xpress where guys are taking the rod tubes out to make longer rods fit. Thanks!
    The AVX1880 has a 135hp rating - it can be purchased with Evinrude 135HO

4. Member
    No thanks. You are correct but, if I have to go that route for a decent hp rating I'll have to pass.
    Last edited by YellowMouth; 04-22-2019 at 08:49 AM.