12" Atlas Jackplate wiring dilemma

I just installed a 12" Atlas Jackplate on my boat, wired it per instructions. When I plugged the main power blue and green wires
    together(from the motor to the wiring harness) as described, the jackplate motor came on and bottomed out, toggle switch would
    not change anything. I quckly unplugged them and rechecked my wiring, even changed the top and bottom wires on the switch.
    Still the same thing. I unplugged the main wires from motor and plugged the green to blue and vice versa, motor traveled to the
    top and the motor still ran until i unplugged the green and blue wires. While at top I did hit the switch, one way stopped the motor
    from trying to travel(letting off the switch, the motor tried to travel more with no place to go. When I tried the switch in the other
    direction, nothing. Therefore unplugged the blue and green power wires. Any ideas??????

You are putting 12v directly to the motor with no regard to the relays or switches that should be wired before them. The blue and green should be wired to the relays which swap polarity to reverse the motor

https://www.carid.com/images/t-h-mar...nstruction.pdf

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

3. Member
    Thank you!!!! I spoke with factory and they said I had a relay that was stuck openor closed. Told me how to reset and works perfect now.

Thats great!

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector