Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    That article. Bad news for a beautiful river.
    A goal without a plan is just a dream.

Any update on north of the shands bridge?

2019 RANGER Z518 - Mercury ProXS 150 4 Stroke

·...¸><((((º>
    .··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
    ·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

3. Member
    All we got to do is let them drain Rodman then all of our problems would be solved.....NOT!! They've nuked that place too. Not a stick of hydrilla in sight no where!

Was there last weekend and saw several Manatee's. They were biguns too.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianFLA View Post
    Florida needs to take a lesson from Texas in protecting its natural resources
    TPWD is very good but whats to question, it is Texas we are talking about :) I am from Dallas and have seen first hand what TPWD does to help BUT there are a number of clubs that help those lakes also. Lake Tawakoni Striper Association, Lake Ray Hubbard Striper Association, & a few others come to mind. These groups raise money from tournaments, donations, cookouts, & more to help stock the lakes. TPWD sometimes matches the efforts. I mean I know that us fishermen want the best but we cant just put it on the FWC. The people of Florida are the ones killing the lakes. The home owners, that are not from Florida and don't fish, are the ones paying the FWC to have the lakes sprayed.

I don't know the solution to the problem but as a fisherman I sure wish we could find one. Until then, ill keep going to Guntersville, CHick, Sam Rayburn, Fork, etc. for my big trips.

5. Member
    FL Strain bass Stocked in FL big lakes 20198.
    Okeechobee - ZERO
    Kissimmee Chain - ZERO
    Harris Chain (only stocked in Apopka) - 1,003,959
    Rodman - ZERO
    St Johns River - ZERO

Total stocked in FL

FL Strain Bass Stocked in Texas big lakes 2018.
    Falcon - 447k
    Fork - 312k
    Palestine - 348k
    Sam Rayburn - 498k
    Toledo Bend - 500k

Total in Texas - 6,349,388
    FL stocked 90% of the bass in a lake no one fishes and kills everything in the lakes that people travel across the country to have a shot at catching a giant. Before I moved to Florida Okeechobee was a place I had to fish before I died. Now I just want to move to another state to get away from the killing and diminishing of these great lakes. I know, 40 pound bags are caught and I don't doubt that but consistency isn't there. To many people telling me about the "good ol days". Hopefully FWC can learn a little for TPWD.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atta View Post
    TPWD is very good but whats to question, it is Texas we are talking about :) I am from Dallas and have seen first hand what TPWD does to help BUT there are a number of clubs that help those lakes also. Lake Tawakoni Striper Association, Lake Ray Hubbard Striper Association, & a few others come to mind. These groups raise money from tournaments, donations, cookouts, & more to help stock the lakes. TPWD sometimes matches the efforts. I mean I know that us fishermen want the best but we cant just put it on the FWC. The people of Florida are the ones killing the lakes. The home owners, that are not from Florida and don't fish, are the ones paying the FWC to have the lakes sprayed.

I don't know the solution to the problem but as a fisherman I sure wish we could find one. Until then, ill keep going to Guntersville, CHick, Sam Rayburn, Fork, etc. for my big trips.

Being from texas myself, i will state IMO your wrong in that FWC isnt to blaim. Texas strives for good habitat for the bass population. Take lake fork for example. It was built to be a fishing lake. They went in and stocked breeder fish into the ponds that would end up flooding. Boat lanes were cut out only. I was there the first day the lake opened to the public. Comparing FWC to Texas?? Not even close!
    Jason

7. Member
    No no they are to blame just not fully responsible. They are in it for the money not the lakes.

My neighbor was paddle boarding north of the shands on Wed, he said he saw no algae bloom yet up there

2019 RANGER Z518 - Mercury ProXS 150 4 Stroke

·...¸><((((º>
    .··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
    ·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

9. Member
    It is likely that FL strain bass are stocked in tx lakes to get FL strain genetics into the already established bass population, It isn't necessary to stock FL strain bass in Florida lakes because they are already 100% Florida strain. The only reason Florida lakes would need to be stocked with Florida strain bass is to supplement a very poor population. Stocking 500k FL bass in toledo bend = 2.5 bass per acre. likely those are finglerings and probably 1-2% of those 500k make it to spawning size. But over time that 1-2% will begin to influence the genetics of the entire population, and they will have fish that get bigger faster and not bite after cold fronts..

Quote Originally Posted by atta View Post
    FL Strain bass Stocked in FL big lakes 20198.
    Okeechobee - ZERO
    Kissimmee Chain - ZERO
    Harris Chain (only stocked in Apopka) - 1,003,959
    Rodman - ZERO
    St Johns River - ZERO

Total stocked in FL

FL Strain Bass Stocked in Texas big lakes 2018.
    Falcon - 447k
    Fork - 312k
    Palestine - 348k
    Sam Rayburn - 498k
    Toledo Bend - 500k

Total in Texas - 6,349,388
    FL stocked 90% of the bass in a lake no one fishes and kills everything in the lakes that people travel across the country to have a shot at catching a giant. Before I moved to Florida Okeechobee was a place I had to fish before I died. Now I just want to move to another state to get away from the killing and diminishing of these great lakes. I know, 40 pound bags are caught and I don't doubt that but consistency isn't there. To many people telling me about the "good ol days". Hopefully FWC can learn a little for TPWD.

10. Member
    Native bass are also stocked in TX lakes.

FL hasn’t stocked bass in any of the lakes mentioned native (FL Strain) or any other type of LMB. That was the point I was trying to make.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12