Prop Antitheft Protection

Looking for a way to prevent someone from stealing my prop while parked overnight at motel. I remember when there was a u-shaped locking apparatus available for this. I guess an anti-theft prop nut might work as well. Anyone used one or have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    It takes what 2 minutes to pull off and 1 minutes to put on. Might want to think about taking it on and off for the most peace of mind.

Too bad that everyone has to go through the trouble. Imo thief’s should be strung from a rope.

used to be a company called mcguard that made prop locks

edit: http://www.mcgard.com/marine/propeller-locks/

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post

Just bought one of those last Fall and am happy with it. Not sure if anyone has tried to steal my prop since I installed it, but it’s worth having it for the peace of mind.
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

5. Member
    #1 Buckshot

6. Member
    Theves arounfd here would bend the prop shaft of tear the prop up when they realize they couldn't steal it, they would rather tear shit up then let somebody just have what they got.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post

Had one for years... Dan

8. Member
    Might be a dumb question but can you run with this McGard lock on your prop? I can't find anywhere in the literature where that is answered or even mentioned.

9. Banned
    Also try to stay at a motel with outside doors where you can back the boat up to your room door. It's also nice to have a good electrical hookup for the battery charger.

10. Member
    Might be a dumb question but can you run with this McGard lock on your prop? I can't find anywhere in the literature where that is answered or even mentioned.

Yes, I have run a McGard prop lock for years.The only time I take it off is when servicing lower unit or prop.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollee View Post

Yes, I have run a McGard prop lock for years.The only time I take it off is when servicing lower unit or prop.
    Thanks

12. Member
    Thanks for all the recommendations guys. I may just take the prop off before I travel and put it on the next day before I launch my boat. The McGard prop lock may be worth looking into. Any other suggestions?

13. Member
    Master Lock Python cable lock.

Wrap it around the prop and the cav plate. Works really well.

The lock holds the cable strong enough I have pulled a car out of the ditch using it as a shackle to the tow strap.