Cool trick to add handles to your tackle boxes for bank or kayak fishing

Pretty cool idea to add a DIY handle to your boxes for walking the banks in search of fish. I have did this to all my quick access boxes for shore and kayak fishing. I have used a backpack as well, but this works well when trying to travel as light as possible for quick trips. How many boxes do you normally take with you for bank fishing trips?

2. Member
    Good idea for those times when you want to bank fish, or kayak for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    Good idea for those times when you want to bank fish, or kayak for a while.
    Exactly...I have all my boxes in my big bag on the boat, but when I want to take a box out in the Kayak or with me on the shore, they are a pain to carry around...so I came up with this...cheap, easy, and seesm to work well.

4. Member
    I was tempted to do a little Galveston Island Texas wade fishing earlier this week. I didn't do it due to the wind, but .....I have a single-box in my van that has a strap already attached to it. If I looked closely, I would probably find that I attached that strap with some rivets a number of years ago. A small lure box over your shoulder should be enough for any two hour wade around here.

Again, thanks for posting your idea.

Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    I was tempted to do a little Galveston Island Texas wade fishing earlier this week. I didn't do it due to the wind, but .....I have a single-box in my van that has a strap already attached to it. If I looked closely, I would probably find that I attached that strap with some rivets a number of years ago. A small lure box over your shoulder should be enough for any two hour wade around here.

Again, thanks for posting your idea.
    Exactly...its nice to have quick easy access to some gear for a quick light trip on the water