What size seat post?

Just picked up a new to me 2008 198CX. I need a rear seat post and not sure what to buy... I know the butt seat is on a Springfield with a clip. I know that the Springfield seat posts others buy get stuck went inserted. Just trying to not have any issues.

Also, anyone have a brochure for this boat. I had a 1992 Champ so I need some info on this new model...

Thanks,
    Tim Daniel

2. Banned
    Not sure if they ever changed or not, but my 2005 198 has 1.75 bases. I had to buy 1.77’s and sand the bottoms down with a grinder disc.

3. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    If you take pedestals out when you come off the water..or when you get home, they won't get stuck...

Not sure if the 2008s had 1.75 or 1.77, but they are called Snap-lock.

4. Member
    My 2008 200 Elite has 1.75 bases. Used a 2" flapsander to ream the bases out for the 1.77 posts.

5. Member
    I am puzzled by this seat base discussion that keeps coming up. I don't know if what I have is the problematic ones or if I have something else, but I have had mine in and out a couple of times and I don't understand what it is that gets jammed. Mine have a black plastic locking device on the bottom of the seat post. When you drop it in the cup in the boat deck, the latch pops into a notch that holds it in place. Is that latch the piece that jams?

Just trying to avoid a problem down the road somewhere.

Wayne

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Nope yours sound like Taper locks, if they are, and you need to replace them there is an adapter you can get and it converts to a 3/4" pin post. A lot cheaper in the long run.

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Nope yours sound like Taper locks...

8. Member
    Thank you, Wayne