Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Lightbulb Few observations with new software.......

Updated both units to v8.3 when i came out and was able to use them this weekend.....

Here are a few things i come across:

Previously i downloaded my free G3 map for bow unit which sits on the card. Since its a large file it takes it a little bit longer to boot up. So with the new software, the units share maps......well here is something some may consider.....IF the unit that has the updated map is on and you boot up the other unit, it will take a few minutes to boot cause its reading the map from other unit. IMO it would be best to boot up unit without updated map first then the other......Since any of the g3 mapping does not pertain to me, i plan on removing it from the card and saving it on the PC so i can get my boot up times back.....

With the new update you can now share one Active Captain card....since i took out the card with the g3 maps i was still able to read off the console unit and its AC card AND still get phone notifications on my front unit....before you could only get notifications from the unit that you had your phone connected to but now its both thru the network.

Garmin has put a few pics to chose from on your background....they are ok but i originally thought that we would be able to upload our own pics and use that but that was not the case.

Smart notification review: if i remember correctly, it just show that you received a message, now it gives you what the message is....in the AC app on your phone/tablet, you can set what notifications you can view.....so i had email and text messages among the few.....as for the text, it allows you to see and read it....didnt think i would use this feature from day one but i like it cause the wife has texted or called and i never see it cause phone is in the day box while fishing.....

Love the new Sleep mode.....keeps from having to turn on/off the unit thru out the day....

If i think of some more i'll post back....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member
    Do you think sharing the map info slows map response time down? I have only been out once since the update and it seemed a little slow to follow. Do you know any way to speed mapping response up? I have 93 sv plus units.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I did not notice but what I had on for the mapping was a small river. Now had experienced that lagging from sharing maps with my Lowrance's......to help the issue I would run the card in the unit at the console so it would read and keep up while driving at high speeds and on the TM it was no issue cause of the slow moving of fishing on the TM.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS