Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Livescope voltage question

Anyone else ever run into this? Normally when I show up to the lake, my starting battery voltage shows on my Garmin 93sv plus as 13 volts. Picture quality is great. Crappie and structure show up amazing, jigs show up great going down to fish. I’ve been having issues with my picture quality going to hell after my first few hours of fishing, fish hardly show up, as they show up much smaller returns and you pretty much cannot see the jig anymore. I noticed my voltage yesterday when it was screwing up was 12 volts. So I decided to start my motor and let it idle. My 150L Mercury 4 stroke charges at 14 volts I guess because while it’s running, voltage shows 13.9 volts. Picture quality comes right back to great picture. What the heck can I do? Brand new boat,has 1 cranking interstate battery, 1000/800cca..... I fished yesterday with my boat idling half the trip. Gotta figure something out here.

2. Member
    Interesting
    I will keep an eye on mine. Only thing I could think of is maybe parallel two cranking battery's?

3. Banned
    The manufacturers use that battery because it's the least expensive battery that has a minimum 1000 cca that most engine manufacturers recommend. Install a good group 31 and that should fix you right up.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DR. DROP View Post
    Interesting
    I will keep an eye on mine. Only thing I could think of is maybe parallel two cranking battery's?
    Oh I already thought of that. Thing is, I’m not sure where to move the onboard charger? It’s mounted where the second battery would go. I’m sure it can be done though.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    The manufacturers use that battery because it's the least expensive battery that has a minimum 1000 cca that most engine manufacturers recommend. Install a good group 31 and that should fix you right up.
    Heck I figured interstate batteries were about as good as you could get? What would you recommend??

6. Member
    I'd check the wiring too. The image below is from the livescope install guide. You need at least 10 gauge wire.
    livescope_wire.JPG

I'd also suggest a group 31 battery and run a minimum of 10ga dedicated wire from your graph directly to the battery.

8. Member
    So what brand battery do you all recommend if you don’t mind sharing

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbz21 View Post
    I'd check the wiring too. The image below is from the livescope install guide. You need at least 10 gauge wire.
    livescope_wire.JPG
    yessir, already did that this past weekend because the dealership didn’t run the wiring directly to battery. I used 10 gauge wire all the way back with fuse exactly how book suggested (what you posted). When I called Garmin about my issue that was the first step they suggested I take. Didn’t help with the issue, but at least it’s run correctly now. ��

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabe...9.uts?slotId=1

I have 3 AGM batteries, one 10 years old, and two 8 years old. They cost up front, but I could never more than 3 or 4 years out of the regular lead batteries. I also went with on board chargers a few years ago and think that helps. These are about the best you can get (my opinion), unless they have made the lithium batteries for boats safer in the last couple of years. Haven't rea about them lately.

Another tip is not to buy batteries (or tires) that have ben setting on the shelf for very long. They should have a date code on them. Some places put the new ones on the back of the shelf, and old ones on the front to get rid of them. I wouldn't buy one more than a couple of months old. I bought lawn mower battery last at batteries plus, and the guy said they send theirs back if they don't sell in a few months.
    Last edited by GPtimes2; 04-21-2019 at 10:36 AM.

11. Member
    I have had battery issues in the past and fought it for a long time. Finally paid up front hoping to end the problems. I bought 3 of these at Battery Plus during a sale, they have a 5 year full replacement warranty at the time of purchase, been 3 years and no issues yet. https://www.batteriesplus.com/batter...1m/sli31agmdpm
    I believe this is the same battery that Cabela's sells that GPtimes2 posted above and I believe they are made by Northstar.
    I also installed a onboard Dual Pro charger a few years ago that keeps all 3 batteries at full charge when not fishing.

12. Member
    Livescope has a pretty hefty black box heat sink, unless thats just for looks. Looks like it would have a decent amount of draw although the power wires are not that big it cant draw that much.

13. Member
    MY VOLTAGE ON MY 93SV PLUS WITH LIVESCOPE SHOWED 12.3 - IS THAT CONSIDERED A BIT WEAK ? Will I experience issues with running that finder livescope combo with that battery voltage reading?
    It stayed on all day. I am still learning the whole settings deal with the livescope,

14. Member
    I'd say 12.3 is exceptional...

15. Member
    I run an East Penn, Deka Intimidator, AGM Group 31 for starting and accessories. Accessories include (2) 93SV's, Live Scope, GMS10 network expander, NEMA network, livewell pump, and radio. In the morning, fresh charge, my voltage is generally 12.5-12.6. After all day fishing, 10-12hr, the lowest voltage I've seen is 11.8-11.9...no issues with Live Scope.
    2019 Weld-Craft 1960 Mod-V
    2019 Evinrude Etec 150/105 Jet
    Minn Kota Ultrex 24v-80#-45"
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 122SV, GT54UHD (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 102SV, GT56UHD (Console)
    Panoptix Livescope, GLS10/LVS32

16. Member
    Just bought a new Lund pro v bass. 2 Garmin uhd 93svs, livescope, livewell pump run off cranking battery. First time out first 3 hours no problems. Then they all started flickering and went out. Plugged in 3 bank charger and next time went out and flickered from the beginning. Do I need to invest in a larger battery? Picture on livescope is garbage after voltage drops immediately. Clueless

17. Member
    I run a 31 series AGM but I only run a 7610 for electronics, but I have a wash down pump, livewell, Livescope, black box, and have never had a problem after fishing all day. I would suggest a bigger and better battery than what came with boat.

18. Member
    How did you wire up the units and the Livescope module? If you used the existing boat wiring to power the electronics it may be part of your problem. This equipment is power hungry and as you seen it can be sensitive to voltage drops.
    In addition to a good battery with a high reserve capacity. It’s a good idea to run dedicated power from the batteries to your equipment. I’m running 10 gauge wire from the battery through a 25 amp breaker to a Blue Seas fuse panel In my front storage compartment. I connected the graphs and the Livescope module to the fuse panel.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider58 View Post
    How did you wire up the units and the Livescope module? If you used the existing boat wiring to power the electronics it may be part of your problem. This equipment is power hungry and as you seen it can be sensitive to voltage drops.
    In addition to a good battery with a high reserve capacity. It’s a good idea to run dedicated power from the batteries to your equipment. I’m running 10 gauge wire from the battery through a 25 amp breaker to a Blue Seas fuse panel In my front storage compartment. I connected the graphs and the Livescope module to the fuse panel.
    I am a newby to wiring anything. If I run the same set up you have, do I need to run a neg wire to the fuse box also?

20. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Basser100 View Post
    I am a newby to wiring anything. If I run the same set up you have, do I need to run a neg wire to the fuse box also?
    You can get fuse boxes without a negative connection but i'd recommend to get one with a negative connection and yes, you would run the negative wire to the fuse box also.

Here is the one most guys mention and get.

12 Circuits: https://www.bluesea.com/products/502..._Bus_and_Cover

6 Circuits: https://www.bluesea.com/products/502..._Bus_and_Cover
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast