Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    You can get fuse boxes without a negative connection but i'd recommend to get one with a negative connection and yes, you would run the negative wire to the fuse box also.

Here is the one most guys mention and get.

12 Circuits: https://www.bluesea.com/products/502..._Bus_and_Cover

6 Circuits: https://www.bluesea.com/products/502..._Bus_and_Cover
    Thank you. Do you use your 25 amp breaker as your turn off switch for the system? So probably another dumb question does the breaker need to be near the battery or can it be just before the fuse box? Thank you again.

My starting battery could not run my 93sv+ and LS and my Helix 10. Choice was get a 31AGM (which is like 70 pounds) or a lithium for just the electronics.

Got the 30AH Ionic and mounted it in the front hatch, so a short wire run. After five hours it still shows 70% and over 13v. Lithium still put out good voltage till they are fully drained and wont get damaged.

Wet batteries drop voltage significantly as they discharge.

My Livescope never worked better with good image, No "ghost" artifacts and no trolling interference

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basser100 View Post
    Thank you. Do you use your 25 amp breaker as your turn off switch for the system? So probably another dumb question does the breaker need to be near the battery or can it be just before the fuse box? Thank you again.
    The breaker should be close to the battery so the wiring is protected in the event of a short.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider58 View Post
    The breaker should be close to the battery so the wiring is protected in the event of a short.
    Thank you

5. Member
    Here’s one.
    2x Garmin 75sv
    1x 102sv
    LVS12

group 27, newish (2yrs) battery, new wires ran from battery to fuse panel.

No matter what I do, unless outboard is running, I show 11.8/11.7 V. I’ve had the same issue on every boat I’ve owned and every brand of graph. Thoughts and ideas?

Ya I dont think that 27 will run all that. Regular wet batteries usually only last three years or so.

31AGM might do it or go lithium.

7. Member
    I also am running a lithium battery, 50 ah and it lasts all day and the Garmin still shows 12.6 or thereabouts. I really like it, but for the expense. It is light, holds a charge and they say it will last 4x as long as any other battery.

8. Member
    Spent too much on graphs to buy a lithium lmao.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azbohunter View Post
    I run a 31 series AGM but I only run a 7610 for electronics, but I have a wash down pump, livewell, Livescope, black box, and have never had a problem after fishing all day. I would suggest a bigger and better battery than what came with boat.
    Dealer did it so I really have no clue. When engine runs, screens continually go off and back on. Also, Livescope never shows more than like 11.8 and picture is horrible I beleive.

10. Member
    Im clueless. About to take back to dealer and say fix this.

11. Member
    Is a 20 ah lithium enough to run 2 graphs and the livescope.

12. Member
    I run 1" Bird and 2 10" Birds a 12" GPSMap and a 9" GPSMap, LiveScope and 360 off a wet 29 in my forward hatch. I do reduce the brightness on the console screens when I am on the bow fishing. That cuts over half the amp draw. I get a good 5 hours on the lake and at my age and health that is about a days fishing for me. Don
    Don Johnson
    U S Navy ATC Retired
    NE Florida
    Boat Name TRON
    Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Bow
    Helix 12 Chirp Mega DI+ G3N w/Mega 360 mounted of Fishing Specialties 360 Mount
    Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI G2N
    Garmin GPSMAP 1042 XSV w/LiveScope mounted on Fishing Specialties Bowducer Assy
    Mini Kota Ulterra
    Console
    Helix 12 Chirp Mega SI+ G3N
    Garmin GPSMap 922
    Humminbird PiranaMAX for high speed depth readings

13. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bronzebacksmb View Post
    Here’s one.
    2x Garmin 75sv
    1x 102sv
    LVS12

group 27, newish (2yrs) battery, new wires ran from battery to fuse panel.

No matter what I do, unless outboard is running, I show 11.8/11.7 V. I’ve had the same issue on every boat I’ve owned and every brand of graph. Thoughts and ideas?
    It isn’t physically possible to accurately measure battery voltage at the end of a set of wires that are carrying current.

The reading you will get is the battery voltage minus the voltage drop in the wiring.

If you want to see it in action, wait until it is dark. Turn your unit on with voltage displayed and vary the screen brightness
    From max to the minimum you can see it while watching the voltage readout. Voltage will increase with each step of the brightness setting toward dim.

Using heavier wire all the way from the battery and making better quality connections will reduce the effect.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

14. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cobracrazed View Post
    Heck I figured interstate batteries were about as good as you could get? What would you recommend??
    Interstate is a retailer only. They just sell batteries made by other companies with their names on them. Most of their batteries are made by Johnson Controls, who makes most batteries on the market. Motorcraft, ACDelco, Duralast, Autocraft among many others and until about 6 months ago the Everstarts at Walmart.
    nothing else matters.​

15. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    If your unit performs differently at 11.7V and ~13V, I’d suspect your unit itself. Generally they condition the voltage internally so the actual electronics see the same voltage through the operating range, which in the case of the 93SV is 9-18V.
    nothing else matters.​

16. Member
    I will agree with CatFan on this. My battery voltage has dropped to 10.5 and I seen no difference in what I was viewing. The jigs I was pushing still showed on the screen. I monitor my voltage petty well all the time and have a digital meter on the electronic battery hooked right to the post and one on the console. Plus a one on the console for the cranking battery. I built a digital amp meter that will read DC current up to 200 amps so I have watched what CatFan said about changing the brightness. Don
    Don Johnson
    U S Navy ATC Retired
    NE Florida
    Boat Name TRON
    Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Bow
    Helix 12 Chirp Mega DI+ G3N w/Mega 360 mounted of Fishing Specialties 360 Mount
    Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI G2N
    Garmin GPSMAP 1042 XSV w/LiveScope mounted on Fishing Specialties Bowducer Assy
    Mini Kota Ulterra
    Console
    Helix 12 Chirp Mega SI+ G3N
    Garmin GPSMap 922
    Humminbird PiranaMAX for high speed depth readings

17. Member
    Dealer swapped out my 24mx battery for the 34m-agm battery. So hopefully this helps. We shall see

18. Member
    Nah. Just would rather not spend a ton unless needed

19. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da_murf View Post
    Dealer swapped out my 24mx battery for the 34m-agm battery. So hopefully this helps. We shall see
    I think you went the wrong way getting a smaller battery.
    nothing else matters.​

20. Member
    34 smaller than 24?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast