Vexus demo ride report

Vexus Demo ride report
    Cypress Bend

Spent several hours with the rep Thursday. He's a friend and former rep for the boat I run. The boat is impressive to say the least. Got under the boat to have a look see. The pad and offset looked "familiar", but as the strakes and chines go forward, you see how deep the keel is with this hull. That's why they can make the storage so deep. The wide transom allows for bolting Talons or poles directly to the hull and not to the jackplate, meaning less movement and vibration. Another stand out feature was their flooring matl. wasn't slick. The air ride suspension seating is pretty remarkable. Absorbs nearly all wave impact. The cooler is trick, as is the stepdrawer storage. Problem I saw? Storage within in reach of sitting behind the console, for phone,wallet,glasses,etc. I guess the sandwich tray in the cooler would suffice. Just a little a awkward to get out of the seat, running or idling to get to something in the step drawer. Got an idea to remedy that.
    Performance was impressive, but you can put a Merc V8 4 stroke on a bayliner and it would be impressive. Lift, handling, speed,stability,pretty much the same as my current rig.
    The paint job. Beautiful. Time will tell.
    Would I run one? With the right deal, damn right!
    Last edited by jchips; 04-22-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Great. Left us all hanging!!!!
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

3. Member
    Got busy

4. Member
    What model were you in and what was the top speed?

5. Member
    The VX 21, 68-70, 71

6. Member
    what was the ride like and is it mostly in the seats.

7. Member
    Like stated the air ride seats soften or"dampen" The wave or wake impact with the hull. The deep keel plows thru the rough stuff with very little bounce

Last edited by fishinarc; 02-04-2023 at 08:55 AM.

9. Banned
    I am considering the 2080 with a 200. I was wondering does the boat seem tippy when someone on back deck moving around. the videos of the boat look like it wobbles easily. I plan on getting serious when 2020's come out.

Last edited by fishinarc; 02-04-2023 at 08:54 AM.

I have the 1980 which has the identical front deck, the 2080 is 4 inches longer on the back. Which I think makes it a slightly more stable than the 1980. On mine I can comfortably fish 2(~250lbs) guys either both on the front deck or one on the front and one in the back and the overall it has very little leaning The only negative I have found is if both of us are on the back and there is some chop on the water my TM blows out.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner