touchpad-left hand side

2016 520c
    So I'm sitting in my garage and checking my equipment, lights, aerator, bilge, etc.. Everything works, unload the boat try to turn on my interior lights and nothing. None of the buttons work and nothing lights up. Get home, flip the battery switch to charge and plug into the charger. Few days later I jump in to try and find the problem. Push the aerator button and it works, as do the rest. Last night check the same buttons again before heading out today, everything works. Unload the boat this morning, nothing works on that pad. Where is the interruption?
    disconnected/reconnected the wiring plug on the pad
    checked all connections at the battery, do not see any fuses tripped
    Everything else works, aerator works fine when I turn in one from the front pad.
    Last edited by bassin70; 04-21-2019 at 07:45 AM.

2. Member
    It would help a lot if we knew what boat you have and what model year.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

3. Member
    Well heck, that would be helpful..sorry.
    See edited post.

4. Member
    UPDATE:
    Got home from the lake last night nothing working on the pad, not lighting up, not working. Leave everything as is, not battery switch to charge, no plugging into the charger. This morning, hit the start button to wake up the system and the pad light up and all buttons working

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    This is not a scientific answer, but when I have an electronic component that fizzles intermittently, I suspect an internal short or ground fault. With a 3-year warranty on these components, you might try to see whether a Ranger dealer can get it warrantied for you. On a 2016, however, you may already be out of warranty.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

6. Member
    It is also good to disconnect the control unit and check for loose or corroded connections. Be sure the battery switch is off.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

7. Member
    warranty out in December(of course)
    everything worked today
    pulled the plug, everything is clean and looks new.
    disconnected the battery, reconnected
    all works
    traced the wiring harness to the gunnel, doesn't appear to connect anywhere under the console, guessing since it ties into wires running from the front touch pad there is a connection somewhere in the gunnel?
    Anyone have knowledge of how Ranger runs those?
    going fishing tomorrow morning, will make a point to check before launch, then after.

8. Member
    The control unit for the touch pads (I think it is called the Interlink box) usually is placed up inside the drivers counsel. There should be no connections inside the gunnel (No way to access them)
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8