How to Connect 2 Garmin ECHOmap Plus 93sv

I have 2 Garmin Echomap 93sv's. How do I connect them via NMEA2000 to share waypoints automatically? Which cable is it? (Like Lowrance Elite units are connected right?)
    Catchin\' \'em Shallow, Catchin\' \'em Deep, and everywhere in between.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    You use the ethernet cable to share waypoints....direct unit to unit connections....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    If you buy the Marine Network cable from Garmin, it is plug and play. If you buy an ethernet cable, make sure it is a crossover cable. A patch cable will not work to connect 2 units directly to each other. Or, you can make your own crossover cable. You will need 2 RJ45 cable ends and a crimping tool. Garmin has a wiring diagram for the proper placement of each wire on each end of the cable. If you decide to make your own, purchase the Marine Network connectors as well. That allows you to actually screw the ends to the cradle on addition to plugging the cables in for a more secure connection and provides some strain relief.

4. Member
    Got it. Garmin lists 2 different types on the website. They need to update the echomap plus 93sv page. It shows the old ethernet cord style as the connection. It's def a pin style connection which is the Garmin Marine Network Cable, Small Connection style.
    Catchin\' \'em Shallow, Catchin\' \'em Deep, and everywhere in between.

5. Member
    If you are using panoptix with those units you will need a port expander as the panoptix uses the ethernet port. I think its the GMS10.

I bought the ethernet cable when I ordered everything not realizing I would need an expander. I think the new ultra units have 2 ethernet ports.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNBassMan10 View Post
    Got it. Garmin lists 2 different types on the website. They need to update the echomap plus 93sv page. It shows the old ethernet cord style as the connection. It's def a pin style connection which is the Garmin Marine Network Cable, Small Connection style.
    If you are connecting 2 units directly to each other, and not connecting additional units and/or Panoptix, then this is all you need. https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/1132. It uses the 8 pin ethernet connectors (RJ45 plugs), but also has a fitting that screws on the back of the cradle after you plug the cable in to the cradle.

7. Member
    Check our Cabelas and Bass Pro for the RJ45 cable. They had them on sale last week for 40% off or around there.