LakeVü g3 Ultra - how do you change water level?

I recently purchased LakeVü g3 Ultra, Western US edition. I am using an EchoMap Plus 93sv with the latest ver 8.3 update. When I go into menu settings and change a lakes water level, the changes are not reflected on the map. In other words, the depths shown on the map do not change even tho the menu settings have been changed. Has anybody been able to get this feature to work? What am I doing wrong?

2. Member
    I found this in the manual.
    The next question is how do you tell which maps have it and which don't?

93sv lake level.JPG

3. Member
    https://www8.garmin.com/marine/PDF/l...ding_lakes.pdf
    Unless it has changed from previous version it has to be a "high def" lake to change water level. List is above if I am correct.

4. Member
    The lake is Skiatook Lake in Oklahoma and it is on the "high def" list.

5. Member
    Are you looking at the nav chart or the fishing chart? I think they may only change on the detailed fishing chart (could be wrong) to correspond with the depth shading.

Also a 5ft line is still going to be 5ft (not 2 ft) with an offset of -3, just going to be further from the bank.
    Last edited by catmantwo; 04-21-2019 at 09:17 PM.
    ><((((º>`·._ .·´¯><((((º>`·. _ .·´¯·. ><((((º>

6. Member
    I'm looking at the fishing chart only. ------ As an example of the problem I am having; Look at a spot on the lake that is say 20 ft deep, change the water level to -10 ft, the depth at that spot should now show a change to 10 ft. but the depth on the map does not change. It still shows 20 ft. In other words a 20 ft deep hump will still show 20 ft deep regardless of any offset that you add to the map.

Quote Originally Posted by stevefa View Post
    I'm looking at the fishing chart only. ------ As an example of the problem I am having; Look at a spot on the lake that is say 20 ft deep, change the water level to -10 ft, the depth at that spot should now show a change to 10 ft. but the depth on the map does not change. It still shows 20 ft. In other words a 20 ft deep hump will still show 20 ft deep regardless of any offset that you add to the map.
    Are you adjusting lake level while actually on Lake Skiatook, or are you doing this in Simulator Mode? I have never had any issues with Dynamic Lake Level in real time when on the water, but I've noticed the simulator will work fine for level adjustments the first time you set your position, but after that, if you want to jump to another lake in simulator mode, you need to reboot the MFD every time for Dynamic Lake Level to work properly.
    Garmin Pro Team

8. Member
    Yes have tried it while on the lake and it would not change. I have not been able to get it to work in simulator mode either.
    Todd, are you using the new U.S. LakeVu G3 Ultra - West, v2019.0?

Yes have tried it while on the lake and it would not change. I have not been able to get it to work in simulator mode either.
    Todd, are you using the new U.S. LakeVu G3 Ultra - West, v2019.0?
    Yes, used that exact map card in my 7612 in simulator mode. Worked just fine for me on Skiatook.
    Garmin Pro Team

10. Member
    I'm using the Echomap Plus 93sv --- wonder if that could make a difference?

11. Member
    I’ve played around with lake offset on my units, but to be honest, I was pretty disappointed..

My home lake is Murray in SC. “Normal” summer level is 357.5-358. The lakevu “normal” is 352....common sense would say to adjust +5.5-6 to be at normal level.(even though the preset level being that low pisses me off to begin with, for an HD lake, they failed on their research of levels) Besides that though, when you do a +6 it throw depth shading wayyyyy outta wack. Showing water 30-50ft into peoples yards... I’ve yet to figure out a solution to it, but I just quit screwing with it until they come out with a fix.
    '17 Falcon F205
    '17 Evinrude G2 250
    10' PP blades
    Garmin 7610XSV's

I'm using the Echomap Plus 93sv --- wonder if that could make a difference?
    Regarding the Plus and Dynamic Lake Level, the engineers verified there is a bug at play. Note that if you insert the Ultra card after boot-up, and the review page when the card is being read is allowed to show the status of 100% before backing out of, then the Dynamic Lake Level will work. However, if the card is inserted prior to boot-up, or inserted and the review page is quickly backed out of before 100% completion, then the lake level adjustment doesn’t work. This will be corrected in a future update.
    Garmin Pro Team

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Regarding the Plus and Dynamic Lake Level, the engineers verified there is a bug at play. Note that if you insert the Ultra card after boot-up, and the review page when the card is being read is allowed to show the status of 100% before backing out of, then the Dynamic Lake Level will work. However, if the card is inserted prior to boot-up, or inserted and the review page is quickly backed out of before 100% completion, then the lake level adjustment doesn’t work. This will be corrected in a future update.
    Todd - do you know if this issue has been corrected yet? I was on Norris Lake this weekend and the water level was 15' below summer pool. I tried to adjust the lake level accordingly several times and it didn't change. I'm on a 93sv+ with the LakeVu Ultra East maps.

14. Member
    Is this feature only on the 175 Elite surveyed lakes or still works on the 17K lakes with 1' contours? Seems like a joke, you buy a 2K unit but can't adjust lake level unless you fork over another 150 for the ultra maps.

Quote Originally Posted by rlrichar View Post
    Is this feature only on the 175 Elite surveyed lakes or still works on the 17K lakes with 1' contours? Seems like a joke, you buy a 2K unit but can't adjust lake level unless you fork over another 150 for the ultra maps.
    Dynamic Lake Level with the Ultra card is available for many other lakes that aren't Garmin Elite survey lakes. Go to the link below to see all mapping features available for each lake of interest.

https://lakes.garmin.com/
    Garmin Pro Team

16. Member
    I updated to the G3 Ultra West a week or so ago but have not been on the water. Doing some work in my boat today I decided to try it in simulator mode and it was there so glad to see that, charts, fishing, layers, water, level.........again I was not on the lake so only assuming it has been fixed.

17. Member
    How do you find the "preset" or default level for a lake in Garmin LakeVu G3 Ultra?
    I regularly boat Lake Greeson in Arkansas, which is a Corps of Engineers reservoir. The current level of the lake can be found on the USACE Rivergages website.
    I first contacted Garmin Support with this question a few weeks ago, but they couldn't tell me what lake level the mapping used as default. They said that I should boat around and compare actual depth readings to the map, then make adjustments. When I pointed out that that could be very inaccurate on a lake with high variation in depth, they said they would contact the cartography department and email an answer to me, but haven't yet.
    So I called Garmin Support again today, and they first tried to tell me that "since the software came out in September 2019, it's an average for the lake level that month". When I called BS, they put me on hold and came back to tell me that it's the "full pool" level of the lake, which makes sense, but is questionable, given the nonsense that I previously received from them.
    The USCOE doesn't list a "full pool" for Lake Greeson, or at least I haven't found it. They list a Flood Stage of 548 feet, and they try to keep the reservoir at or below that level. It was at 544.43 a couple of hours ago. The spillway overflows at 563 feet. I assume that the 548 feet "flood stage" elevation is the "full pool" elevation, and what the Garmin mapping is based on.
    Do any of you know how to confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by engsearch View Post
    How do you find the "preset" or default level for a lake in Garmin LakeVu G3 Ultra?
    I regularly boat Lake Greeson in Arkansas, which is a Corps of Engineers reservoir. The current level of the lake can be found on the USACE Rivergages website.
    I first contacted Garmin Support with this question a few weeks ago, but they couldn't tell me what lake level the mapping used as default. They said that I should boat around and compare actual depth readings to the map, then make adjustments. When I pointed out that that could be very inaccurate on a lake with high variation in depth, they said they would contact the cartography department and email an answer to me, but haven't yet.
    So I called Garmin Support again today, and they first tried to tell me that "since the software came out in September 2019, it's an average for the lake level that month". When I called BS, they put me on hold and came back to tell me that it's the "full pool" level of the lake, which makes sense, but is questionable, given the nonsense that I previously received from them.
    The USCOE doesn't list a "full pool" for Lake Greeson, or at least I haven't found it. They list a Flood Stage of 548 feet, and they try to keep the reservoir at or below that level. It was at 544.43 a couple of hours ago. The spillway overflows at 563 feet. I assume that the 548 feet "flood stage" elevation is the "full pool" elevation, and what the Garmin mapping is based on.
    Do any of you know how to confirm this?
    Here at Sam Rayburn and Toledo Bend, I simply do what Support first told you. After spending a few minutes idling around and comparing observed depths to the mapping contour depths, I adjust accordingly. If my map contour says 20 feet, and it is actually 24 feet deep, I adjust the contours 4 feet deeper.
    Garmin Pro Team